All waitlist participants shall be informed about the next enrollment date
This is a hands-on course that teaches you how to resolve disputes effectively through arbitration, mediation and conciliation. No prior theoretical or legal knowledge is required.
You will find the skills and understanding provided here useful, irrespective of whether you are a businessman or a professional. If you are a businessman, you will be able to prepare superior dispute resolution strategies and add insights to discussions with your internal team (CXOs, legal and compliance team) and with external lawyers and law firms. If you are a lawyer or a law student, this course is very different from what you will study in law school in arbitration or alternate dispute resolution class. You will be able to think from a strategic and practical perspective.
If you have been involved in advisory or corporate work and would like to add on a practice of arbitration or shift to arbitration, this course will enable you to make a smooth shift.
This course is only meant for business professionals and not for lawyers who intend to practice arbitration. Law students may take this course for a basic understanding of arbitration and dispute resolution as a stepping stone alone.
Who should take this course?
- Law students interested in arbitration
- Government officials
What is the career potential after doing this course?
- Learn to draft effective arbitration clauses for your clients
- Understand the most commonly required documents in an arbitration proceeding and how you can draft them in the most effective manner
- How can you reduce the uncertainty that leads to frequent court intervention
- Develop the skills that ensure your ad hoc arbitration proceeds in a planned manner
- Get an understanding of the types of interim measures you should request and the authorities from whom you should request these
- Learn the mechanisms that will speed up your arbitration procedure
- When you should select institutional arbitration over ad hoc arbitration
- Understand what it takes to ensure an effective arbitration and ways to reduce the risk of litigation and of court interventions
- How can you lower the costs of arbitration for your client
- Understand and implement the provision of statutory mediation under the Companies act and its relevance for your clients
- Get an understanding for drafting interim arbitration awards and how to structure it
- Learn how to enforce arbitral awards
- Gain an understanding of the laws pertaining to anti-suit injunctions in India
- Understand how to decide arbitrability in the context of international commercial arbitration
- Learn how to choose between institutional and ad hoc arbitration
- Understand the relevance of UNCITRAL model law and New York conventions in the international commercial arbitration
- Learn how to enforce a foreign arbitral award in India
- When and where you should use conciliation and mediation processes
- Why conciliation is preferable to mediation in India
- Law firms
- In-house legal teams of companies
- Central and state governments
- Independent litigators
What is unique about this course?
What is unique about this course
- The course is not limited to a provision-by-provision study of some statutes and associated case laws alone
- The course trains you on different kinds of actual work that is required to be performed by lawyers and other professionals. After finishing the course, you will know as much practical knowledge as a lawyer working at a big law firm will know after a year or two of experience
- It is not a mere theoretical study, but all the lessons are based on the practical application of the topics dealt with in the course
- You will get personal attention and coaching from the trainers, and any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 48 hours
- You will be given an opportunity to work on two writing assignments during the term of the course that shall be published either on iPleaders blog or any other industry publications if it meets our specifications
- In the span of the course, you shall be accessed over 3 subjective-based exercises relating to the course topics that shall help you to understand the practical aspects of the subject
- The course is tough and intensive, you will not be awarded the certificate unless you complete all the 3 subjective exercises and 2 writing assignments, as mentioned above.
Industry Academia Panel
COO and Co-Founder, LawSikho
Co-founder and Chief Knowledge Officer, LawSikho
CEO and Co-Founder, iPleaders and LawSikho
Partner, Triumvir Law
Partner - Triumvir Law, Ex-JSA, KIIT Law School
Partner, Triumvir Law
Advocate, Saurin Mehta & Associates, Ex-AM Legals, GNLU
Our Special Features
- SELF PACED
- ONLINE EXAMS
- PERSONAL COACHING
- ANDROID & IOS APP
- Get Sample Material in your inbox
- Regular career guidance on email
- Sample Exercises
- Five very useful lessons
- No certification
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 4 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations
- Get digital access to entire study material
- Exercises provided - for self evaluation
- Certificate (by courier)
- No Live classes
- Content access for 1 year
- Doubt clearing within 48 hours
Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, none of our courses is recognised, accredited, or validated by any university, government or third party. We consider government regulatory standards as an impediment to offering high-quality courses we offer at an affordable cost, offering informal, non recognised courses rather than collaborating with formal universities.
This course is offered as a skill development course by a private company. LawSikho is India’s leading online legal education provider and provides high-quality legal courses that teach you how to do practical legal work as required by the industry.
For any recruiter or client, what matters the most is whether you possess the relevant skills to match their needs and serve their interests. We will train you in rare and important skills that are highly in-demand and our initiative is one of a kind.
Experts review the syllabus and course content for all the courses. These experts are drawn from law firms and the industry at large. The course is conceptualised, coordinated and marketed by LawSikho, a venture that aims to make justice accessible to people from all walks of life through access to superior legal knowledge.
The legal industry knows and respects our work, and they know that anyone who finished our course and obtained certification has a certain level of knowledge and skills. If nothing else, you will be appreciated for the knowledge and skills you would acquire through our courses and would be able to demonstrate after due completion.
We recommend that you should have completed your Higher Secondary / Class XII from a recognized Board / University. In the case of foreign nationals, you should have completed the equivalent of Higher Secondary in India in your respective country. You should also be comfortable with the English language and using a computer. However, we have no formal pre-qualification requirements because we are not a University or college. Anyone who wants to learn is welcome to join our courses.