All waitlist participants shall be informed about the next enrollment date
This course will train you in using available legal mechanisms for ensuring better corporate governance within a company. The course covers techniques that can be used to keep abuse of the board’s powers in check, disclosure requirements, shareholder rights, and fraud-related provisions. You will be able to use the knowledge in creating or advising a client on the most appropriate mechanisms for them, depending on the type of company and their objectives.
Who should take this course?
- Government officials
- Officers in public-private partnership projects
What is the career potential after doing this course?
- What is corporate governance and the applicability of corporate governance to startups, listed entities, foreign companies etc?
- How to build checks within the company and allocate responsibility for specific processes, setting up reporting mechanisms
- Different boardroom practices - legal requirements and best practices
- Corporate governance and provisions relating to employee compensation - top executive compensation, clawback provisions, ESOPs
- Detection and punishment for corporate fraud, powers of minority shareholders
- Oppression and mismanagement, class action suits
- Law firms
- In-house legal teams of companies
- Central and state governments
- Independent litigators
What is unique about this course?
- The course is not limited to a provision-by-provision study of some statutes and associated case laws alone
- The course trains you on different kinds of actual work that is required to be performed by lawyers and other professionals. After finishing the course, you will know as much practical knowledge as a lawyer working at a big law firm will know after a year or two of experience
- It is not a mere theoretical study, but all the lessons are based on the practical application of the topics dealt with in the course
- You will get personal attention and coaching from the trainers, and any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 48 hours
- You will be given an opportunity to work on two writing assignments during the term of the course that shall be published either on iPleaders blog or any other industry publications if it meets our specifications
- In the span of the course, you shall be accessed over 3 subjective-based exercises relating to the course topics that shall help you to understand the practical aspects of the subject
- The course is tough and intensive, you will not be awarded the certificate unless you complete all the 3 subjective exercises and 2 writing assignments, as mentioned above.
Industry Academia Panel
COO and Co-Founder, LawSikho
Co-founder, Company Secretary, Content Head & Editor, LawSikho
Counsel, Legal, Corporate Strategy, SREI Group
Our Special Features
- SELF PACED
- ONLINE EXAMS
- PERSONAL COACHING
- ANDROID & IOS APP
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into two instalments is available on checkout page.
- Get Sample Material in your inbox
- Regular career guidance on email
- Sample Exercises
- Five very useful lessons
- No certification
- Get digital access to entire study material
- Exercises provided - for self evaluation
- Certificate (by courier)
- No Live classes
- Content access for 1 year
- Doubt clearing within 48 hours
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 4 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations