What is unique about this course?
- This course is an introductory course focussing on corporate governance for Independent Directors.
- Apart from practical lessons, you will have access to numerous templates.
- You will learn through Lawsikho’s unique teaching methodology, comprising classes, exercises and in-line feedback on your submissions. You will have 1 weekly class of 1 - 1.5 hours and perform 2 exercises in each class. In a week, you will acquire 2 skills.
- Any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 24 hours.
- In the span of the course, you will need to perform 12 assignments (or 2 simulation exercises) relating to different contracts and contract-related letters, including the invocation of force majeure in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- To pass the course, you must complete at least 50% of the assignments and attempt an MCQ test. The average study time required is about 1 hour per day, at your own place. If you miss a class, you can watch a recording.
If you take this course, follow it diligently for a month, do all the exercises but still do not find value in it, or not able to understand or follow it or not find it good for any reason, we will refund the entire course fee to you. It is a 100% money-back guarantee with only one condition, you must pursue it properly for a month. If you don’t find it valuable after that, get your entire money back.
Online 24/7 access
Access study materials via our online portal & via our anroid & iOS apps.
Hard Copy Study Material
You will receive hard copy study material delivered to your address.
Two practical exercises every week, each followed by written feedback.
Live Online Classes
Live online classes based on exercises, allowing questions and feedback.
Convenient Class timings
Classes held after work hours, typically on Sundays or after 8 PM on weekdays.
Live Doubt Clearing
Live doubt clearing for support and one-on-one sessions with mentors.
This course is recognized by the National Skill Development Corporation, a PPP under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of the Government of India. You will receive a certificate cobranded by NSDC and Skill India on successful completion.
This is how the certificate from NSDC and Skill India will look as per the current applicable format (may change as per the approval authorities):
List of Weekly Exercises
Week 1: Preparation of Checklist for implementation of Corporate Governance in a startup
Week 2: Preparation of an Induction kit to improve Corporate Governance amidst the Board
Week 3: Devising Board evaluation technique to correct corporate governance problems
Week 4: Identifying suitable internal control systems for an organization to enhance corporate governance
Week 5: Reviewing/Formulating the key policies under Companies Act 2013 to ensure good governance
Week 6: Preparation of report/presentation on building “Vigil mechanism” in a company
Week 7: Preparation of checklist for “Compliance Risk Management Programme” as a part of collective governance and compliance discipline
Week 8: Preparation of Board Governance Guidelines/Masterkey for an organization
Week 9: Drafting and reviewing minutes of meetings, explanatory statements, board resolutions and internal policies for independent directors; Collecting information from MCA website and filing compliance forms.
Week 10: Preparation of employment agreements for CXOs and executive level employees.
Week 11: Drafting Directors report
Week 12: Drafting explanatory statements for appointment of independent and managing directors
FCS; LLM (Environment Laws); MSc (Chem); CSR Professional; Diploma in International Contract Negotiation, Drafting & Enforcement Practicing Company Secretary & Environmentalist in Mumbai, since 2015. Over 40 years of industry experience as a Research Chemist and Company Secretary in a Swiss-based listed MNC, “Clariant” in Mumbai. Visiting Faculty at the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and SkillArbitrage (LawSikho), the world’s largest Legal Edtech Company Teaching Corporate Gove
Note: This is an indicative list of our guest faculty members and not an exhaustive list. We may change the faculty members at any point based on availability.
- Annual reports and annual financial statements
- Information to stock exchange under listing agreement
- Continuous disclosures
- Shareholding patterns
- Information about promoter pledges
- Information about non-disposal undertakings
- Appointment of Directors,
- Appointment of CXOs,
- Draft resolutions
- Draft Managing Director / CXO appointment agreements
- Rights Issue
- Private placement of shares
- Transfer of shares
- ESOPs / Sweat Equity
- Role of clawback provisions
- Draft resolutions:
- Issue and transfer of shares,
- Board and General Meeting Resolutions for Buyback
- Buyback of shares,
- Payment of dividend
- Draft explanatory statements
- Creation of ESOP / Sweat Equity scheme
- Draft ESOP scheme
- Performance Criteria
- Issue Size
- Securities that can be issued
- Treatment of outstanding convertibles and warrants before issue
- Open Offer Thresholds
- Takeover Process
- Legal Work around takeover Code
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges.
Printed study material (by courier)
1 online live class/ week (12 weeks)
2 practical or drafting exercises per week (12 weeks)
Get digital access to entire study material
Access on LMS, Android & iOS app
Instructor feedback on assignments
Doubt clearing on Discord, LMS & classes
Instructor-led course with online live classes
Online exams (give exams as per your convenience on given time slots)
Certificate (by courier)
Access to updated content online for 3 years
Doubt clearing within 24 hours
What kind of recruitment and placement support will I get?
- Unique Training Method: We're the sole organization in India offering comprehensive, exercise-based courses.
- Employer Recognition: Many leading employers, law firms, and companies actively seek our high-performing students.
- Career Opportunities: Success in our courses can lead to job placements, internships, and assessment internships in esteemed law firms, with renowned lawyers, and various companies.
- Empowering Learners: We focus on empowering learners with not just knowledge and skills, but also real-world opportunities.
- Dedicated Support Team: Our dedicated team is here to assist you with placements, internships, and freelance opportunities.
- Proven Success: Between April 2021 and June 2023, we've helped over 21,000 students secure job and internship opportunities.
- Media Recognition: Our achievements have been featured in respected media outlets like The Hindu, Business World, and India Education Diary.
- Impressive Value: Our students have secured over Rs. 2.7 Crore (USD 330,000) worth of work, with records of INR 30 LPA (USD 37,500) domestically and INR 50 LPA (USD 62,500) internationally.
- Comprehensive Support: From day one, our placement team guides you in setting goals, crafting standout CVs, enhancing interview skills, and supporting your critical first month on the job or during an internship.
- Trusted Recruiters: We've built strong collaborations with recruiters who prefer hiring our well-trained students.
- Competitive Edge: Partnering with us gives you an edge in the job market and opens doors to exciting career prospects.
How will you clear my doubts and help me if I am struggling to understand or learn a concept?
- In our live classes, you can ask questions, share your screen, receive personal feedback, and have your doubts cleared.
- If you need more help after getting feedback on an assignment or want career advice, you can schedule a private one-on-one call. Our evaluators and mentors are here to assist you and give you advice that's tailored to your needs.