When I started training HR managers on labour laws, one major gap I noticed in the existing training programs was that HR managers primarily focussed on cramming the law - especially the statutory forms.
Except for the forms, they found it difficult to apply the law to complex situations.
I gradually realised how HR managers have a big role to play in the success of the organization through the value added by them - their role was not purely administrative or compliance-oriented.
A good HR manager could become an HR director or a Chief People Officer or CHRO and be responsible for the success of the company.
I started to notice new areas of responsibility which HR managers were very well-positioned to take up. CSR is one such area.
Corporate CSR spends are significant . In 2017-18, 289 companies spent INR 7,067 crore on CSR.
In 4 years (from 2014-18), companies spent 68% of the prescribed CSR amount in the last four years, totaling to ~INR 52,000 crore.
With expansion of the corporate sector, this outlay will increase.
Companies need reliable executives to spearhead CSR initiatives.
Legal and compliance professionals do not look at operational aspects and implementation.
HR managers emerge as the prime bet. Those who can handle these responsibilities do well and can rise to CHRO or director level in the company.
This course is for HR managers and compliance professionals who want to rise up to CXO and director level positions in companies and help them with end-to-end implementation of CSR strategy.
What is unique about this course?
- This course will teach you end-to-end implementation of a CSR programme in a large corporation.
- Apart from practical lessons, you will have access to numerous templates.
- You will learn through Lawsikho’s unique teaching methodology, comprising classes, exercises and in-line feedback on your submissions. You will have 1 weekly class of 1 - 1.5 hours and perform 2 exercises in each class. In a week, you will acquire 2 skills.
- Any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 24 hours.
- In the span of the course, you will need to perform 8 assignments (or 2 simulation exercises) relating to different contracts and contract-related letters, including the invocation of force majeure in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- To pass the course, you must complete at least 50% of the assignments and attempt an MCQ test. The average study time required is about 1 hour per day, at your own place. If you miss a class, you can watch a recording.
If you take this course, follow it diligently for a month, do all the exercises but still do not find value in it, or not able to understand or follow it or not find it good for any reason, we will refund the entire course fee to you. It is a 100% money-back guarantee with only one condition, you must pursue it properly for a month. If you don’t find it valuable after that, get your entire money back.
Online 24/7 access
Access study materials via our online portal & via our anroid & iOS apps.
Hard Copy Study Material
You will receive hard copy study material delivered to your address.
Two practical exercises every week, each followed by written feedback.
Live Online Classes
Live online classes based on exercises, allowing questions and feedback.
Convenient Class timings
Classes held after work hours, typically on Sundays or after 8 PM on weekdays.
Live Doubt Clearing
Live doubt clearing for support and one-on-one sessions with mentors.
This course is recognized by the National Skill Development Corporation, a PPP under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of the Government of India. You will receive a certificate cobranded by NSDC and Skill India on successful completion.
This is how the certificate from NSDC and Skill India will look as per the current applicable format (may change as per the approval authorities):
List of Weekly Exercises
- Week 1: Identify which activities would be covered within Companies Act for CSR initiatives
- Week 2: Lead a mock CSR Committee meeting and record its decisions
- Week 3: Draft a CSR Policy for your company (2 variations)
- Week 4: Create a presentation to onboard key internal stakeholders which includes a blueprint for rollout of CSR initiatives and training key resources in the company
- Week 5: Create a checklist and plan for compliance with ISO 26000 standards and self-certification by your company
- Week 6: Respond to a request for donation for a CSR activity, such as
- setting up a school or an old-age home in a PSU and for a private sector company
- Week 7: Prepare a first draft/review the CSR section of the director’s responsibility statement and annual report
- Week 8: Prepare an internal report to management on performance of existing CSR initiatives, explain if the budget was underutilised and request a rollover
Industry Academia Panel
Co-founder and Chief Knowledge Officer, LawSikho
Lawyer. Writer. Sherlockian. Traveller. Dreamer. Life Coach.
Lawyer & Adviser on Employment & Service Law Matters, Ex-Senior Vice President & Head Employee Relations at IndusInd Bank Limited (35+ years’ experience)
Principal Associate at LawSikho | Founder @ Legal Recourse | Corporate Lawyer | Associate Company Secretary
Here are some of our faculty members
Note: This is an indicative list of our guest faculty members and not an exhaustive list. We may change the faculty members at any point based on availability.
Reporting under Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014
Directors Responsibility Statement u/s 134(5) of Companies Act, 2014
Reporting under SEBI LODR Regulations
Case studies on how companies have obtained benefits from CSR Activities
Decision about whether the initiative must be conducted in-house or externally
Securing the right proposals (if this is external)
Selection of projects for approvals
Internal communications and reporting to stakeholders
Reporting to regulators
Audit and monitoring of end-use
Communications and PR with the broader market
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into 2 instalments is available on checkout page.
Printed study material (by courier)
1 online live class/ week (8 weeks)
2 practical or drafting exercises per week (8 weeks)
Get digital access to entire study material
Access on LMS, Android & iOS app
Instructor feedback on assignments
Doubt clearing on WhatsApp, LMS & classes
Instructor led course with online live classes
Online exams (give exams as per your convenience on given time slots)
Certificate (by courier)
Networking with other students & alumni
Access to updated content online for 3 years
Doubt clearing within 24 hours
What kind of recruitment and placement support will I get?
- Unique Training Method: We're the sole organization in India offering comprehensive, exercise-based courses.
- Employer Recognition: Many leading employers, law firms, and companies actively seek our high-performing students.
- Career Opportunities: Success in our courses can lead to job placements, internships, and assessment internships in esteemed law firms, with renowned lawyers, and various companies.
- Empowering Learners: We focus on empowering learners with not just knowledge and skills, but also real-world opportunities.
- Dedicated Support Team: Our dedicated team is here to assist you with placements, internships, and freelance opportunities.
- Proven Success: Between April 2021 and June 2023, we've helped over 21,000 students secure job and internship opportunities.
- Media Recognition: Our achievements have been featured in respected media outlets like The Hindu, Business World, and India Education Diary.
- Impressive Value: Our students have secured over Rs. 2.7 Crore (USD 330,000) worth of work, with records of INR 30 LPA (USD 37,500) domestically and INR 50 LPA (USD 62,500) internationally.
- Comprehensive Support: From day one, our placement team guides you in setting goals, crafting standout CVs, enhancing interview skills, and supporting your critical first month on the job or during an internship.
- Trusted Recruiters: We've built strong collaborations with recruiters who prefer hiring our well-trained students.
- Competitive Edge: Partnering with us gives you an edge in the job market and opens doors to exciting career prospects.
How will you clear my doubts and help me if I am struggling to understand or learn a concept?
- In our live classes, you can ask questions, share your screen, receive personal feedback, and have your doubts cleared.
- If you need more help after getting feedback on an assignment or want career advice, you can schedule a private one-on-one call. Our evaluators and mentors are here to assist you and give you advice that's tailored to your needs.