About Texas A&M University (TAMU)
Texas A&M University (TAMU) is a research-intensive flagship institution functioning since 1876, located in the heart of Texas, USA and catering to more than 70,000 students with 133 undergraduate degree programs, 175 master’s degree programs, 92 doctoral degree programs and 5 first-professional degrees as options for study. TAMU is ranked No. 20 in public colleges and No. 83 overall in the 2021 Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education College Rankings in the USA (see here).
Texas A&M University School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The law school is a member of the American Association of Law Schools (AALS) and offers the Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree through its full time and part-time programs. The School is ranked #8 in the US for its Intellectual Property Law Programs (see here). More information about the university can be found at https://law.tamu.edu/.
Certificate Course in Intellectual Property Law and Prosecution
There are already a lot of intellectual property law courses available everywhere. Even we have a very popular IP and media law course of our own that has been hugely appreciated by lawyers around the world. So why did we build one more?
- Many of you requested for a shorter course that can be finished in 3 months or less;
- A lot of you love the practical knowledge we have to offer, but you also want to get an internationally recognized certification from a top university;
- You said you want to learn from global experts about international best practices - from important IP markets like the USA, the UK, European Union, and Japan. We went overboard and decided to invite experts from 14 major economies around the world to come and teach the peculiarities of each IP market to you.
- Many of you realize that IP can be a global career - so why restrict yourself to just an India specific curriculum and Indian experts? So we thought we should get the top US IP academics to teach you as well.
- We also decided that students of this course will be assisted to seek out internships in law firms in places like Texas, New York, London, Middle East, and elsewhere. Note that we do not promise any internships, but we will make our best efforts to help you to apply for and secure such opportunities.
So here are some important questions for you.
- Do you want to build a career in IP laws?
- Do you want to not restrict your knowledge to Indian IP laws but get international exposure related to IP laws?
- Do you want to network with top US IP faculties, lawyers, and global IP experts that can open new opportunities for you?
- Do you want to work for organizations and people whose work isn’t restricted by national borders?
- Do you want to be surrounded by innovators, artists, creators, and maybe end up working with some people and organizations you absolutely adore?
- Do you want to be in high demand as a lawyer in fast paced creative industries like tech and media that need armies of IP lawyers?
We thought many of you would be interested in such opportunities!
A lot of Indian lawyers tell us that they want to increase their skills in intellectual property law and even seasoned IP lawyers struggle with IP prosecution in many international jurisdictions.
And what is awesome, this kind of international exposure makes a great deal of sense when it specifically comes to IP laws, because most countries follow the Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) Agreement.
If you are skilled in this area and want to work out of India, you would probably not have to start from scratch like lawyers in some other areas such as litigation or capital markets or competition law would have to.
It is, therefore, possible to add on, without letting your existing knowledge go to waste if you want to practice IP law in another jurisdiction, or even more than one jurisdiction at once!
We also wanted to do something that increases access of Indian lawyers to superb teaching and insights from experts across the world.
This is what drew us to collaborating with the Texas A&M University School of Law, a law school which is ranked #8 for their intellectual property programs in the US, and create a course which ensures such access for Indian lawyers.
Think of how much you will be able to differentiate yourself from the crowd if you have access to teaching by IP faculties and practitioners from the US, which is home to most multinationals.
With this access, if you really put in the efforts to understand cross border processes, such skills will definitely be something that is not commonly available. Check the clientele of most large IP law firms in India and you will find that many of their large assignments were with multinationals. If you understand how processes work in such clients’ home countries, you have certainly got a feather in your cap.
So, like an inventor may want to ask, how do you work this?
Well, here’s how.
If you take this course, follow it diligently for a month, do all the exercises but still do not find value in it, or not able to understand or follow it or not find it good for any reason, we will refund the entire course fee to you. It is a 100% money-back guarantee with only one condition, you must pursue it properly for a month. If you don’t find it valuable after that, get your entire money back.
View Refund Policy
This course is recognized by the National Skill Development Corporation, a PPP under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of the Government of India. You will receive a certificate cobranded by NSDC and Skill India on successful completion.
This is how the certificate from NSDC and Skill India will look as per the current applicable format (may change as per the approval authorities):
Client Opportunities & Recruitment Support
Many employers, law firms and companies are happy to recruit our high performing students. If you do well in your exercises and classes, we can help you to get jobs, internships and assessment internships in good law firms, with renowned lawyers as well as in various companies.
- Our team helps our students in building their profile on LinkedIn to increase their reach to potential recruiters.
- Our expert guides the students on how to crack any interview.
- On-demand, we provide mock interviews for our students looking for jobs.
- We share multiple Internship/recruitment opportunities every week on our Whatsapp group.
- We help our students to get internships not only at law firms and chambers but also with rising startups in diverse sectors.
- Our mentorship helps students to avoid running the rat race behind the regular job openings; rather we help them design their own path based on their personal interests.
- We share multiple and diverse client opportunities with our pool of practicing advocates on a daily basis. Our references have helped several advocates really scale up their practice. The opportunities range from contract drafting to complex import-export matters.
Here are some of our faculty members
Senior Associate, ANM Global, Ex- Excel Entertainment
Independent Practitioner Former Associate, United IPR
Patent Analyst and currently studying for USTPO Patent Bar Exam
Professor of Law at Texas A&M University School of Law, Director of India Programs
Professor of Law at Texas A&M University School of Law
Professor of Law at Texas A&M University School of Law
This is an indicative list of our guest faculty members and not an exhaustive list. We may change the faculty members at any point based on availability.
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges.
incl. of all charges
- Printed study material (by courier)
- 1 online live class/ week (12 weeks)
- 2 practical or drafting exercises per week (12 weeks)
- 3 writing assignments (3 months)
- Placement and other support services available for 36 months
- Get digital access to entire study material
- Access on LMS, Android & iOS app
- Instructor feedback on assignments
- Doubt clearing on WhatsApp, LMS & classes
- Instructor led course with online live classes
- Online exams (give exams as per your convenience on given time slots)
- Certificate (by courier)
- CV enhancement
- Coaching for professional networking
- Training for writing and publishing articles
- Internship & Job Support
- Interview preparation guidance
- Networking with other students & alumni
- Access to updated content online for 3 years
- Doubt clearing within 24 hours
- Top students are recommended to law firms and companies
- Internship and job support available
Join the waitlist