If you do not like the course, you could get 100% refund. Refund Policy here
Legal drafting is an important skill for lawyers - it involves learning how to draft various kinds of petitions to be filed in court, drafting contracts for clients, preparation of legal opinions or ‘legal memos’ (not moot court memos). These skills enable a lawyer to perform different kinds of billable work for clients and provide them value.
These skills are highly valuable, but they are either not taught or taught in a very limited manner in law school.
Although we have courses focussing on different areas of law, ranging from criminal litigation, civil litigation, contract drafting, business laws for in-house counsels, arbitration, NCLT Litigation, M&A, etc., over the past few years thousands of learners have asked us for an introductory drafting course which enables them to get started with the practical side of law.
We have decided to launch this course keeping in mind such requests.
Legal drafting is crucial for any lawyer to perform client work effectively. As you gain more expertise, you may realize that drafting skills for different forums and different areas of law will differ.
For example, petitions before a criminal court will be different from petitions before the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), or from arbitration petitions. Similarly, a shareholders agreement will be very different from an employment agreement.
However, basic legal drafting skills and practice is crucial for performing any kind of client work. When one starts learning, it is important to have a broad foundation. At this stage, it does not matter if you are not sure about which area of law you want to focus on and specialize in.
What do these drafting skills comprise?
Learning how to draft a handful of contracts, civil and criminal petitions. This will enable you to have a preliminary sense of how to provide a service to a client.
These drafting skills and practice will enable you to build the confidence and feel equipped to understand and handle a variety of tasks assigned to junior lawyers.
Later, if you want to learn about any specific kind of technical work, you can acquire specialized skills relevant to that area of practice.
How long will it take to learn these introductory skills?
With our unique methodology, we are going to bet that you can learn them in 1-month.
Please don’t scroll down - there is more for you.
You might know of some senior practitioners in your network who are very knowledgeable and talented, but who are unable to build their clients. They are not able to enjoy the fruits of their knowledge because not enough people know about their expertise.
Do you know why? They have not created a portfolio of work which is relevant and discoverable by their target audience.
We do not want you to face the risk of a similar fate.
For this reason, article-writing skills are very important in today’s economy. You should have the ability to build a portfolio of expert-level articles in an area of your choice. Further, these articles should engage and be of interest to a reader, even if he or she is not a lawyer. For example, the reader could be a business owner, a working professional or manager, an individual who needs a lawyer or even a potential recruiter.
We are clear that those who develop their article writing skills and create a published portfolio of work will enjoy a huge professional advantage in today’s world. Clients frequently search for young lawyers online, and the COVID-19 lockdown has drastically accelerated this shift.
How can you start on this journey? The journey begins when you write one article in a time-bound manner, and send it for publication.
What would it take for you to learn these skills?
Approximately 2 hours of study per day at your own time, and 2 hours of online classes with us.
We have identified a coaching framework for the same, and we will walk you through the journey of writing an article and sending it for publication, right from the point of identification of a topic to its completion.
Guess what? All this can happen in a month. Read on to find out more.
In fact, other professionals such as Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, etc. and others who advise clients on different aspects of secretarial and accounting issues can also benefit from learning basic drafting skills.
If you take this course, follow it diligently for a month, do all the exercises but still do not find value in it, or not able to understand or follow it or not find it good for any reason, we will refund the entire course fee to you. It is a 100% money-back guarantee with only one condition, you must pursue it properly for a month. If you don’t find it valuable after that, get your entire money back.
All participants will also be trained on writing and publishing 1 article
- Get Sample Material in your inbox
- Regular career guidance on email
- Sample Exercises
- Five very useful lessons
- No certification
- Printed study material (by courier)
- 1 online live class/ week (8 weeks)
- 1 practical or drafting exercises per week (8 weeks)
- 1 writing assignment
- Get digital access to entire study material
- Access on LMS, Android & iOS app
- Instructor feedback on assignments
- Doubt clearing on WhatsApp, LMS & classes
- Instructor led course with online live classes
- Online exams (give exams as per your convenience on given time slots)
- Certificate (by courier)
- CV enhancement
- Coaching for professional networking
- Training for writing and publishing articles
- Internship & Job Support
- Interview preparation guidance
- Networking with other students & alumni
- Access to updated content online for 3 years
- Doubt clearing within 24 hours
- Top students are recommended to law firms and companies
- Internship and job support available
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 5 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 5 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into two instalments is available on checkout page.
New User? Let's get registered.
Login and let's get started!
Yes, you are not going to be charged anything at all for this.
Take the free quiz. Then our experts will go through your answers and allocate you a suitable career counselor with relevant experience.
We have e-mailed your Free Course Materials!
Explore some other course in our course directoryExplore
We will let you know when we take more enrollments.
We will get back to youClose