Presence of a structure
Clarity and consistency of language
Logical and Chronological arrangement of facts
Sentences and sentence formation
Clauses and sub-clauses,
Avoidance of jargon
How to avoid inaccuracy and ambiguity
Tone and motive of the draft - tenses, active vs. passive voice, gender-sensitivities, etc.
What is unique about this course?
- This course focuses on different types of legal drafting for HR managers in a practical way. It is not based on the reading of study materials or the provision-by-provision study of the statutes. You will learn how to draft a legal document, whether it is a contract, a civil or criminal petition, an opinion or an article.
- Apart from practical lessons, you will have access to numerous templates.
- You will learn through Lawsikho’s unique teaching methodology, comprising classes, exercises and in-line feedback on your submissions. You will have 1 weekly class of 1 - 1.5 hours and perform 2 exercises in each class. In a week, you will acquire 2 skills.
- You will be given an opportunity to work on one writing assignment during the term of the course that shall be published on the iPleaders blog if it meets our specifications.
- Any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 24 hours.
- In the span of the course, you will need to perform 8 assignments (or 16 simulation exercises).
- To pass the course, you must complete at least 50% of the assignments and attempt an MCQ test. The average study time required is about 1 hour per day, at your own place. If you miss a class, you can watch a recording.
If you take this course, follow it diligently for a month, do all the exercises but still do not find value in it, or not able to understand or follow it or not find it good for any reason, we will refund the entire course fee to you. It is a 100% money-back guarantee with only one condition, you must pursue it properly for a month. If you don’t find it valuable after that, get your entire money back.
Online 24/7 access
Access to basic study material through an online learning management system, Android and iOS app
Hard Copy Study Material
Hard copy study material modules to be couriered to your address
2 practical exercises every week, followed by written feedback
Live Online Classes
Based on the exercises, there will be a live video-based online class. You can ask questions, share your screen, get personal feedback in this class.
Convenient Class timings
Classes are held after regular work hours. Typically classes are kept on Sunday afternoon or 8-9 pm on other days.
Live Doubt Clearing
You can ask questions, get your doubt cleared live as well as through online forums
This course is recognized by the National Skill Development Corporation, a PPP under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of the Government of India. You will receive a certificate cobranded by NSDC and Skill India on successful completion.
This is how the certificate from NSDC and Skill India will look as per the current applicable format (may change as per the approval authorities):
List of Class Topics and Weekly Exercises
- Draft a reply to labour enforcement officer in respect of non-compliance notice received under Payment of Gratuity Act
- Draft a reply to labour authorities in respect of a non-compliance notice under Equal Remuneration Act
- Draft a reply to labour authorities in respect of non-compliance under Payment of Bonus Act
Week 3: Draft Letters and Notices to Employees
- Write a letter and a follow-up to Employee for Unauthorised Absence
- Write a letter to Employee for Riotous & Disorderly Behaviour
Week 4: Draft a warning letter to an employee for a) Loitering in the premises or b) drinking
Week 5: Draft replies to the following:
- Reply to an employee complaint requesting full and final settlement when the employee has violated employment contract
- Complaint by a family member against an employee for neglect of family responsibilities.
- Write a letter calling for an explanation from an employee regarding wrong PAN card, etc. upon receipt of any anonymous complaint
- Write a letter declining a request for transfer by an employee, citing the standing orders of the workplace
Weeks 7-8: Write responses to government authorities
- Response to a letter forwarded by the collector of the district stating a request for transportation facilities by the villagers
- Response to request for donation for a CSR activity such as setting up a school or an old-age home
- Draft responses to RTI requests by trade union, father-in-law, other employee, or by the employee requesting information about promotion and transfer policies, or inquiring about assets and expenses of management.
- Reply to a request by an MLA of a district politely declining the request
- Draft a response to a complaint received through CPGRAM system in multiple scenarios
Industry Academia Panel
Lawyer & Adviser on Employment & Service Law Matters, Ex-Senior Vice President & Head Employee Relations at IndusInd Bank Limited (35+ years’ experience)
Here are some of our faculty members
Note: This is an indicative list of our guest faculty members and not an exhaustive list. We may change the faculty members at any point based on availability.
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into 2 instalments is available on checkout page.
Printed study material (by courier)
1 online live class/ week (8 weeks)
2 practical or drafting exercises per week (8 weeks)
1 optional writing assignment
Get digital access to entire study material
Access on LMS, Android & iOS app
Instructor feedback on assignments
Doubt clearing on WhatsApp, LMS & classes
Instructor led course with online live classes
Online exams (give exams as per your convenience on given time slots)
Certificate (by courier)
Training for writing and publishing articles
Networking with other students & alumni
Access to updated content online for 3 years
Doubt clearing within 24 hours
Presence of a structure
Notice for supplying more information
Notice to explain a default
Notice to clarify a point and show your compliance
Notice requesting more time to respond
Letter of appointment
Services Agreements with external vendors
Employment bonds and lock-ins
How/ when to create new organizational policies or customize existing policies
How to update policies
How to identify when a new policy is needed
Code of Conduct
Anti-Sexual Harassment Policy
Business and Travel Policy
Conflict of Interest Policy
Customer data policy
Data Security Policy
Equal opportunity policy
Health and Safety Policy
Leave and Attendance Policy
Personnel File Policy
Physical Contact with Customers
Social Media Policy
Computer Equipment and Internet Usage Policy
Protection of IP from Employees, Consultants and Vendors
Model Standing Orders
Sample Employment Agreement
Sample Consultancy Agreement
Sample Appointment Letter
Vendor diligence checklist
Templates of the above policies
Sample ESOP Plan
Draft Contract for Supply of Labour