If you are working in the electricity laws or advising clients in the sector of electricity laws, this course can be thoroughly useful for you. It clears many concepts and provides detailed knowledge of the laws applicable to the electricity sector and guides on how the knowledge of electricity laws can be applied to transactions such as the trading of electricity.
Since renewable energy is the focus of both law and businesses, the course also covers laws relating to renewable energy and the benefits available for business in this sector.
Who should take this course?
- Electricity Lawyers
- Lawyers who appear in APTEL
- Executives in the electricity industry
What is the career potential after doing this course?
- Understand the different areas of work available to lawyers dealing with electricity laws and different contracts in this regime
- Learn about the different kinds of disputes which may arise under the Electricity Act and the clients that you can cater to
- Master the art of drafting a Standard Power Purchase Agreement that is very important for a lawyer practising in this field
- Get an understanding of the factors and mechanism that are followed in consonance with the laws for fixing generation tariff for your client’s deals
- Learn how can an electricity trading license be obtained and how can the business be run
- Understand the major requirements and compliances for obtaining distribution license and conducting distribution business swiftly
- Get an understanding relating to the process of bidding and implementation of Power Purchase Agreements for your clients
- What are different trading products available on power exchanges?
- Law firms
- In-house legal teams of companies
- Central and state governments
- Independent litigators
What is unique about this course?
- The course is not limited to a provision-by-provision study of some statutes and associated case laws alone.
- The course trains you on different kinds of actual work that is required to be performed by lawyers and other professionals. After finishing the course, you will know as much practical knowledge as a lawyer working at a big law firm will know after a year or two of experience.
- It is not a mere theoretical study, but all the lessons are based on the practical application of the topics dealt with in the course.
- You will get personal attention and coaching from the trainers, and any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 48 hours.
- You will be given an opportunity to work on two writing assignments during the term of the course that shall be published either on iPleaders blog or any other industry publications if it meets our specifications.
- In the span of the course, you shall be accessed over 3 subjective-based exercises relating to the course topics that shall help you to understand the practical aspects of the subject.
- The course is tough and intensive, and you will not be awarded the certificate unless you complete all the 3 subjective exercises and 2 writing assignments, as mentioned above.
Industry Academia Panel
COO and Co-Founder, LawSikho
Co-founder, Company Secretary, Content Head & Editor, LawSikho
Manager Legal at Global Energy Pvt. Ltd.
Advocate & Legal Consultant at AUA Legal LLP, ex-J.Sagar Associates, Blogger at SkyAdvo
Our Special Features
- SELF PACED
- ONLINE EXAMS
- PERSONAL COACHING
- ANDROID & IOS APP
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into two instalments is available on checkout page.
- Get Sample Material in your inbox
- Regular career guidance on email
- Sample Exercises
- Five very useful lessons
- No certification
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 4 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations