Enrolments for this course have been closed.
Legal due diligence is an essential precursor to any investment or finance transaction, and these transactions depend on how things turn out during a due diligence exercise. Effective due diligence can be the perfect guide for making investment-related decisions, and therefore, skills that would help to conduct effective due diligence can be very helpful to any lawyer or consultant advising a client on any investment and loan transaction. If you are working in the M&A division of a law firm or in the legal department of an investor, the ability to conduct an effective due diligence exercise is something you cannot afford to not possess. Similarly, this skill is also very relevant for bankers and financiers.
This book will guide you to approach a due diligence exercise in a systematic manner and identify issues as well as make appropriate presentations in a due diligence report.
Who should take this course?
- Lawyers looking to specialize in M&A, Banking and Investment Law
- Lawyers looking to build a corporate transactional practice
- Law students looking to work in corporate law firms or big 4 consultancy firms
- Law students looking to work in banks
- Lawyers working for technology and eCommerce companies with regular M&A activities (Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, etc.)
What is the career potential after doing this course?
- Understand the process of due diligence for a merger and acquisition transaction, private equity investment, capital market transaction, project finance transaction, etc.
- Master the different stages in a due-diligence process, starting from preparation of requisition list, reviewing of documents, preparing different chapters of the due-diligence report till the closure of the report.
- Learn how to write requisitions. Instances of incorrect and correct requisitions are provided. Also, a sample list of requisitions is given in the course. Also, learn how to conduct industry research and how to prepare a due diligence checklist.
- Learn what are the specific statutory or contractual knowledge required for preparing each section of a due diligence report. Screencasts of a due- diligence report are provided, explaining each section of the report in detail. A sample due diligence report is also given in the course.
- Learn how to write observations through situational examples. Understand how to raise red flags and write action points.
- Learn how to present information in a due-diligence report in a manner that a non-lawyer can also decipher from the report.
- The due diligence report can impact the valuation of the company for the purpose of the transaction, or even the forward progress of the transaction.
- Law firms
- In-house legal teams of companies
- Central and state governments
- Independent litigators
What is unique about this course?
- The course is not limited to a provision-by-provision study of some statutes and associated case laws alone
- The course trains you on different kinds of actual work that is required to be performed by lawyers and other professionals. After finishing the course, you will know as much practical knowledge as a lawyer working at a big law firm will know after a year or two of experience
- It is not a mere theoretical study, but all the lessons are based on the practical application of the topics dealt with in the course
- You will get personal attention and coaching from the trainers, and any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 48 hours
- You will be given an opportunity to work on two writing assignments during the term of the course that shall be published either on iPleaders blog or any other industry publications if it meets our specifications
- In the span of the course, you shall be accessed over 3 subjective-based exercises relating to the course topics that shall help you to understand the practical aspects of the subject
- The course is tough and intensive, you will not be awarded the certificate unless you complete all the 3 subjective exercises and 2 writing assignments, as mentioned above.
Industry Academia Panel
COO and Co-Founder, LawSikho
Co-founder and Chief Knowledge Officer, LawSikho
Associate Partner, Triumph Legal
Our Special Features
- SELF PACED
- ONLINE EXAMS
- PERSONAL COACHING
- ANDROID & IOS APP
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into two instalments is available on checkout page.
- Get Sample Material in your inbox
- Regular career guidance on email
- Sample Exercises
- Five very useful lessons
- No certification
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 4 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations
Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, none of our courses is recognised, accredited, or validated by any university, government or third party. We consider government regulatory standards as an impediment to offering high-quality courses we offer at an affordable cost, offering informal, non recognised courses rather than collaborating with formal universities.
This course is offered as a skill development course by a private company. LawSikho is India’s leading online legal education provider and provides high-quality legal courses that teach you how to do practical legal work as required by the industry.
For any recruiter or client, what matters the most is whether you possess the relevant skills to match their needs and serve their interests. We will train you in rare and important skills that are highly in-demand and our initiative is one of a kind.
Experts review the syllabus and course content for all the courses. These experts are drawn from law firms and the industry at large. The course is conceptualised, coordinated and marketed by LawSikho, a venture that aims to make justice accessible to people from all walks of life through access to superior legal knowledge.
The legal industry knows and respects our work, and they know that anyone who finished our course and obtained certification has a certain level of knowledge and skills. If nothing else, you will be appreciated for the knowledge and skills you would acquire through our courses and would be able to demonstrate after due completion.
We recommend that you should have completed your Higher Secondary / Class XII from a recognized Board / University. In the case of foreign nationals, you should have completed the equivalent of Higher Secondary in India in your respective country. You should also be comfortable with the English language and using a computer. However, we have no formal pre-qualification requirements because we are not a University or college. Anyone who wants to learn is welcome to join our courses.