For Law Students
FOR LAW STUDENTS/LAW GRADUATES/CANDIDATES PREPARING FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS (JUDICIARY & LAW)/INDIVIDUALS LOOKING TO ENHANCE THEIR PROCEDURAL LEGAL SKILLS
Special Benefits for Judicial Service Aspirants
Every year thousands of students appear for the judicial service exams to achieve their dream of becoming a JUDGE. But only a few get through.
To stand out amongst your competitors, you need to prepare yourself with knowledge that others lack. You will need to innovatively make extra effort, take extra guidance for those brownie points that will take you steps ahead from your competitors and will ultimately fulfill your dream of becoming a judge.
Here, through the JUDGMENT WRITING COURSE, we bring you a simple yet unique way to stand out in the judicial service exam.
Judgment writing constitutes a major portion of the judicial service exam. In States such as Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Kerala there is a separate 100 marks paper for it. The syllabus of the exam is varying every year, thus, no serious aspirant should leave out this part of the syllabus, since a question on judgment writing can be unexpectedly asked in the exam.
While students prepare for law subjects, they tend to ignore the part of Judgment Writing and are left behind when faced with this. Don’t be fooled with the common idea- ‘I already know the law, judgment writing will not be difficult now.’ You must know that it is a technical area. Judicial academies which train judges spend a considerable period of their time on this topic. It will always serve you well if you are prepared in advance.
Who Should Take The Course?
- You are a judicial service competitive exam aspirant who wants to gain edge over other competitors
- You are a judicial officer in a state and want to polish your judgment writing skills
- You are a law student who wants to enhance the writing problem/hypothetical based answers
- You are a law graduate who wants to develop a strong fact-law analysis skill
- You are a legal professional looking to enhance your legal drafting skills in specific fields
The Purpose of This Course -
- To develop technical skills for judgment writing
- To enable students to think like a judge
- To teach application of legal concepts with clarity of thought
- To enable learning of interpretation of the law in a manner which promotes the ends of justice
Judgment Writing is as much a skill as it is an art. It will not be wrong to say that legal education is an ongoing process. Regardless of which stage of legal education you are at, judgment writing will provide you with essential writing, research, legal and analytical skills that are important to get through your long term legal education. After all, all students of law should be capable of both- creative lawyering & innovative judging.
What Does the Course Contain
The online live classes based system ensures that the teacher and student have informative real time discussions and doubt clearing sessions.
What Are the Prospects after Doing This Course
- Learning the analytical skills through this course will help you be a successful legal professional- whether as a practicing lawyer or an inhouse legal counsel.
- Most times, it is said that a lawyer must know what's going on in the mind of the judge. Through this course, you will learn to analyse the problem from a judicial mind
- As a student, you will develop critical skills to write better analytical answers to score better in your law exams and have a successful legal profession
- Judicial service aspirants will learn all the requisites of judgment writing for their role as a judge, along with critical tips for cracking the exam with a good score.
A right step taken at the right time can take you miles ahead from the others. Maybe this is your golden moment to take the right step towards your dreams.
What is unique about this course
- Personal guidance: Every candidate will be given personal attention for preparation of their respective judiciary exam. This is not like a coaching centre with hundreds of students in a batch, where teachers don't know your name or your dreams.
- Strategies: Every individual will be assisted to make their own strategies according to their own situations.
- Top notch content: exhaustive notes will be provided to the students so that they don’t have to purchase any other book or material after taking this course.
- Smart study techniques: Every candidate will be guided about how much to study on which topic according to their individual subjective needs.
- Live online classes: Live online classes will be conducted to discuss various concepts.
- Problem discussion sessions: Special problem discussion sessions will be conducted to resolve all the queries and confusions of the students.
- Personal evaluation of your answers: Each and every answer written and submitted by you will be evaluated and a personal line by line feedback will be provided on the same.
- Self paced: You can use reference material provided by us and prepare at your own speed. There is no compulsion to attend sessions on every concept to understand it.
- Litigation training: The course is curated in a manner that this will also provide you knowledge from a litigant’s point of view. Practical exercises to train you for drafting and filing work will also be provided.
This course has been created by some very dedicated, wise, imaginative and determined people - who are on a mission to disrupt the legal industry because they see transforming judicial exams preparation as a key to the final mission of making true justice available in India.
Join the tribe of LawSikho. Here is a course for the crazy, here is a course for the wise, here is a course for the wildly ambitious who refuse to put up with the tyranny of luck and fate.
Here are some of our faculty members
Note: This is an indicative list of our guest faculty members and not an exhaustive list. We may change the faculty members at any point based on availability.
# Video - FIR (Conceptual)
# Note - 1. How to file an FIR
2. Options if police refuses to file an FIR
# Mock Exercise on Drafting an FIR
# Video - Complaint (Conceptual)
# Note - 1. Criminal Complaint
2. How is FIR different from a complaint
# Mock Exercise on Drafting a Complaint
# Live Class - Charge (Conceptual)
# Note - All about Charge
# Live - How to Frame Charges
# Note - 1. How are Charges Framed
# Mock Exercise on Charge Framing
# Live - Judgment Writing - Criminal (Conceptual)
# Note - Essentials of Criminal Judgment Writing
# Live - Judgment Writing - Criminal (Exercise)
# Mock Exercise on Criminal Judgment Writing
# Video - Pleadings (Concept)
# Note - All about Pleadings
# Mock Exercises on drafting Pleadings
# Live Class - Issues (Conceptual)
# Note - Issues (Conceptual)
# Live Class - Pointers for drafting issues
# Note - Pointers for drafting issues
# Mock Exercised on Drafting Issues
# Live Class - Essentials of Civil Judgment Writing
# Note - Essentials of Civil Judgement Writing
# Civil Judgment Writing Exercise
# Other resources for judgment writing
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges.
Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 4 years (including new courses launched in this period)
Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
Access to Lawsikho alumni network
Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations
We recommend that you should have completed your Higher Secondary / Class XII from a recognized Board / University. In the case of foreign nationals, you should have completed the equivalent of Higher Secondary in India in your respective country. You should also be comfortable with the English language and using a computer. However, we have no formal pre-qualification requirements because we are not a University or college. Anyone who wants to learn is welcome to join our courses.
Students of LawSikho will be provided hard copy materials, we will dispatch it within 45 days of your course commencement date.
However, online classes, videos, regulatory updates and periodic upgrades to the courses cannot be included in the hard copies. We will provide you with hard copy material for all important chapters. We keep adding many new chapters from time to time and there are restrictions on page numbers so all online material cannot be available in hard copy. We would keep adding new material online from time to time, so please do not expect all such material to be made available in the hard copy also. You can use the hard copy materials for your reference, however, we recommend that you do not exclusively rely on hard copies for cracking the assessment test and the exercises. Please refer to the online library of materials from time to time.
Note: We will send hard copy material through our service partners. We have three service partners.
1. Indian Speed Post (Provides delivery ‘anywhere in India’ under contractual service)
3. Trackon Couriers Pvt Limited
If our service partners do not have a presence in your area and want to get the hard copy, you can send us a specific request.
LawSikho will not be responsible if the speed post bounces back or hard copy material is not delivered. We will levy the courier charge on you in such a scenario.
Please visit the respective course page to learn more about the hard copy study material policy of that course.