The speakers of the bootcamp:
Your favourite hosts with truckloads of sector-specific and coaching experience in their kitty are back!
COO & CO-Founder, LawSikho
- Does working in a law firm inspire you? Do you want to work for top corporate law firms, such as Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, AZB & Partners, Trilegal, Luthra & Luthra, Khaitan, Talwar Thakore and Associates, Pathak and Associates, etc.?
- Are you attracted by the lifestyle and salary of a lawyer working in a firm? Do you want to work on high profile matters and see your name quoted in the media for working on news-making deals and transactions?
- Do you want to move from independent practice or working under a senior, to the fast-paced professional setup of a law firm? Do you want to join big and reputed law firms?
- Do you want to move abroad and work in a foreign law firm?
- Do you want to know how to secure and crack internships to obtain a PPO before you graduate from law school?
Who should attend:
- Young lawyers aspiring for high-paying and stable law firm jobs with a predictable growth path
- Law graduates struggling to find career opportunities or choose an area of practice
- Independent practitioners and junior lawyers who want to move to a law firm job
- In-house lawyers who want to move to a law firm
- Law students who aspire to work in law firms after graduation
Have you tried these things before?
Did you apply to lots of law firms through LinkedIn, job sites, sending emails and consistently calling them up to see if you can get a job or an internship?
Did you pay a lot of money to professional CV drafting services to draft the perfect CV and cover letter, without results?
Did you pursue several internships but could not manage to convert any of them into a job offer?
Did you try to reach out and get recommendations from seniors and others in your network only to be disappointed in the end?
Common myths about how to get a law firm job
- Only NLU students have access to the best job opportunities
- Only toppers in law schools can get jobs in top law firms
- You need to be a mooter or publish articles or present papers in conferences if you want to get a law firm job
- Law firms are only for corporate lawyers; those who want to work on disputes and litigation cannot work in a law firm
- To get a law firm job, LLB alone is not enough. You need to also do CS or LLM.
- Seniors at law firms will mentor and train us in internships
- Having a long list of internships in prestigious firms will enable me to secure my dream job eventually
- First-generation lawyers will find it very hard to get law firm jobs - 2nd and 3rd generation lawyers will always do better
- Placement committee of my law school will help me to get a job. They promised at the time of admission after all
- If I do not get through to one of the big and famous law firms, it is not worth working with the smaller law firms
- If I do not get a law firm job as a fresher, then I have no hope of getting a top law firm job later
- All law firms are equal. All law firms pay great salaries. Just get into any firm
In our exclusive 3-day bootcamp on How To Get A Law Firm Job, we will talk about the following:
- Biggest MYTHS that are stopping you from bagging your dream job and that you need to eliminate to progress in your legal career.
- Why 95% or more internship and job applications are rejected or do not receive a response
- Secrets to getting hired by a good law firm
- How to identify your area of interest
- How to decide whether working in a law firm is for you
- Why traditional CV-writing fails to impress recruiters
- How to network effectively with partners, senior associates and associates
- What to demonstrate your skills in your internship and job applications
- How to proceed with the internship application process
- How to ensure that your internship converts into a job offer
LawSikho is bringing a 3-day FREE online bootcamp to teach you How to get a law firm job from 30th September - 2nd October, 2023, 7-10 pm Indian Standard Time.
In Our 3 Day Bootcamp, You Will Find Answers To All These Questions:
- Is a law firm job the right fit for you?
- What are the different types of law firms you can work in?
- What are the different practice areas of law firms in India and abroad?
- How to identify your area of interest?
- What are the growth opportunities and future pathways in a law firm job?
- What kind of work is performed by Associates at law firms?
- What can you do to enhance your chances to get a job in a law firm?
- What can you do if you decide to leave a law firm?
- What opportunities could open up for you if you quit a law firm job? In which ways could a career in a law firm contribute to those opportunities after you quit?
- How to draft the perfect CV for a law firm? How to create a Dream CV?
- How to include skills in your CV and substantiate through articles, real-life experiences, video CV, etc.
- I am not from NLU, how can I still get access to the best law firm jobs which NLU students get?
- I am a first-generation lawyer and do not have contacts in law firms. Can I get a good law firm job or internships?
- What is the preferred method to apply for law firm jobs so that you get a response from them?
- How to ace a law firm interview?
- What are the skills that you will need to acquire?
- What is your future if you continue a career in a law firm? What kind of a life would you have?
What participants have to say about our earlier bootcamps:
You are dDoing a good job. I regularly attend all your bootcamps. It is full of positivity. In fact I was suffering from depression but you helped me up. Anyway, I learnt from today’s bootcamp about how companies work in the USA. I learnt how we can make money working from home as a paralegal, ownership transfer, creating bylaws of a Delaware C Corp and many more.
A great session today, part of a 3-day bootcamp. They gave beautiful insight on corporate law work of the USA
Indeed, it was one of the finest bootcamps I have attended till now. Being in the corporate field, I can assure everyone that the kind of knowledge Abhyuday Sir and Ramanuj Sir are imparting can be very easily understood by any person.
Many thanks to LawSikho, Ramanuj Mukherjee and Abhyuday Agarwal Sir for taking such an amazing bootcamp.
This is my 2nd boot camp with the LawSikho team and I am so glad I got to find this opportunity. I’m very delighted to get into this bootcamp as it discusses career related matters regarding corporate law and lawyer
“Learned a lot from this bootcamp. For the past 6 months I was struggling to think as how to start my career in legal services. Now at least I have an idea and enthusiasm to learn new skills.
Here Are Brief Instructions On What You Need To Do To Obtain A Certificate For Attending This Bootcamp:
Attend on all days (at least 2.5 hours each day, and login from trackable unique link sent to you by zoom so we can track your attendance),
Leave a review of your experience (whether good, bad or ugly) in comments to the Linkedin and Twitter post links (shared in the live session), at the end of each day, for all days.
(If you don’t have an account on any of these channels please create it right away. It barely takes a couple of mins. A good social media profile is critical for career success in this decade. Agree or disagree?)
Our Students Have Been Placed At The Following Law Firms:
Tier-1 Law Indian Law Firms
Other law firms:
Foriegn Law Firms
Our Students/Alumni Are Working At: