The speakers of the bootcamp
Your favourite hosts with truckloads of sector-specific and coaching experience in their kitty are back!
Ramanuj Mukherjee CEO & CO-Founder, LawSikho
Abhyuday Agarwal COO & CO-Founder, LawSikho
- Do you want to work at top corporate law firms and be part of news-making corporate acquisitions? Do you want to be hired by Big 4 consulting firms and work with top consultants all across the world?
- Are you interested in cross-border transactions and assisting multinational companies and upcoming start-ups to expand in global markets? Are you wondering where to start, whom to approach and how to get a foot in the door to work with leading international law firms?
- Have you aspired to work as in-house counsel lawyers for banks, NBFCs and financial institutions and work in the area of banking and investment law? Do you want to learn the work of corporate transaction practice?
Why is a career in M&A and investment law a recession-proof career?
- While major economies around the world went into recession, law firms expected M&A practice to suffer and cut down on hiring. In reality, there was a boom in M&A activities.
- Not only M&A, FDI and domestic investment also picked up! Capital markets did extremely well despite the recession, in India and across the world, keeping corporate transactional lawyers extremely busy.
- Financial Express reported Private Equity (PE), M&A deals in India during November 2020 to be the highest in the last 5 years.
- Your Story reported a new benchmark for Indian start-ups in 2021 with record of 119 M&A deals.
- M&A was not the only one, venture capital boomed as well in 2020, beating all expectations.
- Crunchbase numbers show that global venture funding in the first half of 2021 surged 61% compared to the prior peak of $179 billion in the second half of 2020. That’s up 95% compared with the first half of 2020.
- The post-vaccine world is an active and exciting time for the legal industry as the economies are set to reopen.
- M&A, investment and finance transactions are the bread-and-butter of corporate law firms.
- Even companies that are going to get into M&A activities soon do hire M&A and investment lawyers. Successful M&A and finance lawyers can make difficult transactions happen smoothly, are paid handsomely and are part of news-making deals.
What are we teaching you at this bootcamp
What are the job opportunities for lawyers in M&A, investment law and corporate transactions?
What is the kind of work that M&A lawyers do?
How is deal structuring done for such transactions? How to do due diligence? What are the important compliances? What kind of agreements do corporate transaction lawyers have to draft?
What kind of skills do you require to become a successful M&A lawyer? - How is M&A different from other transactions like private equity or venture capital investments?
How are equity transactions different from corporate loan transactions? What are the different skill sets involved?
Is it possible for independent lawyers to do M&A practice? Are there lawyers who have built their own boutique law firm doing M&A or other corporate transactions? How did they do it?
Is it possible to get into such work even if you are not from a top law school? How to get these internships? How to get your first break in this field?
How can you prepare, right from your first or second year, to ensure that you get a job in the M&A, investment law and corporate transactions domain?
What is the difference between private equity investors, angel investors and venture capital investors? What are their commercial motives and what do they expect from their lawyers?
What are the steps involved in an investment transaction? What is a term sheet and how are term sheets drafted?
What is a due diligence process and what is the work that lawyers do in relation to this process?
What are Share Purchase Agreements, Share Subscription Agreements and Shareholders Agreements and how are these drafted?
What did participants say about our previous bootcamps
“Indeed, it was one of the finest bootcamps I have attended till now. Being in the corporate field, I can assure everyone that the kind of knowledge Abhyuday Sir and Ramanuj Sir are imparting can be very easily understood by any person.”
“Today was Day-2 of the Boot camp and we learnt quite a few skills and went deeper into the understanding of the wide range of opportunities of being an international business lawyer. We learnt 10 skill sets needed. We learnt about the Early Mover Advantage, got aware of the Roadmap to reach our Goal. We learnt about Y combinators, accelerators, Delaware Flip, etc.
Why wasn't I aware of LawSikho in my first year at Law school. It would definitely have been a game-changer. Nevertheless, every time you attend any session conducted by them, you always come back learning something new. I had a similar experience this evening when I attended the bootcamp. It was an immensely fruitful and insightful experience. I am looking forward to attending the further sessions. Great work LawSikho, Ramanuj Mukherjee and Abhyuday Agarwal sir
“This is my 2nd boot camp with the LawSikho team and I am so glad I got to find this opportunity. I’m very delighted to get into this bootcamp as it discusses career-related matters regarding corporate law and lawyer.”
“Hey Ramanuj, I attended your Bootcamp and reviewed the give-aways based on my own professional experience of 25 years as a CFO. Very impressive, I must say .. Would like to have a 15 min chat, at your convenience .... Do call / schedule ASAP ... Great work Komal, Abhyuday and team”
“Dear Mr. Ramanuj Mukherjee, I was there on the first day, it's a great session. We wish we could have such sessions in our early careers. I have resumed my independent law practice in my mid-age after a decade-long stint with the international civil service, and notably eight years with the ILO. My present areas of practise are labour and service laws. Mostly inspired by the presentations of you and your good colleague Mr. Abhyuday Agarwal today. Devising my ideas for international works. Looking forward to valuable discussions in the next two days.
“Learned a lot from this bootcamp. For the past 6 months, I was struggling to think of how to start my career in legal services. Now at least I have an idea and enthusiasm to learn new skills.”
Who should attend this bootcamp?
Here Are Brief Instructions On What You Need To Do To Obtain A Certificate For Attending This Bootcamp:
- Attend on all days (at least 2.5 hours each day, and login from trackable unique link sent to you by zoom so we can track your attendance),
Leave a review of your experience (whether good, bad or ugly) in comments to the Linkedin and Twitter post links (shared in the live session), at the end of each day, for all days.
- (If you don’t have an account on any of these channels please create it right away. It barely takes a couple of mins. A good social media profile is critical for career success in this decade. Agree or disagree?)
Send us a screenshot of your posts to [email protected] We will send you a certificate after 10 days. If you have any question about receiving a certificate, write to [email protected]
Our students have been placed at the following law firms
Tier 1 Law firms:
- Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai (India)
- Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore (India)
- Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Singapore
- New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad (India)
- Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai (India)
- Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai, Bengaluru (India)
- Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Japan
Other law firms:
Delhi, Mumbai (India)
New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi, Bengaluru (India)
Foreign Law Firms
California & Dallas (U.S.), Bangalore and Delhi (India).
Dubai, New Delhi, Seoul, Bangkok, Philippines, London, Kuwait
Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Dubai, Frankfurt / Düsseldorf, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, New York, Singapore, Taipei, Yangon, Yangon, Okada Law Firm (Hong Kong)
Our students/alumni are working at: