How to make a career in mergers, acquisition, and investment law[certificate available for those who will attend all 3 days, no charges]
The speakers of the bootcamp:
Your favourite hosts with truckloads of sector-specific and coaching experience in their kitty are back!
- Do you want to work at top corporate law firms and be part of news-making corporate acquisitions? Do you want to be hired by Big 4 consulting firms and work with top consultants all across the world?
- Are you interested in cross-border transactions and assisting multinational companies and upcoming start-ups to expand in global markets? Are you wondering where to start, whom to approach and how to get a foot in the door to work with leading international law firms?
- Have you aspired to work as in-house counsel lawyers for banks, NBFCs and financial institutions and work in the area of banking and investment law? Do you want to learn the work of corporate transaction practice?
LawSikho is bringing a 3-day FREE online bootcamp to teach you How to make a career in mergers, acquisition, and investment law 11-13 September, 6-9 pm Indian Standard Time (IST).REGISTER NOW
Why is a career in M&A and investment law a recession-proof career?
- While major economies around the world went into recession, law firms expected M&A practice to suffer and cut down on hiring. In reality, there was a boom in M&A activities.
- Not only M&A, FDI and domestic investment also picked up! Capital markets did extremely well despite the recession, in India and across the world, keeping corporate transactional lawyers extremely busy.
- Financial Express reported Private Equity (PE), M&A deals in India during November 2020 to be the highest in the last 5 years
- Your Story reported a new benchmark for Indian start-ups in 2021 with record of 119 M&A deals
- M&A was not the only one, venture capital boomed as well in 2020, beating all expectations.
- Crunchbase numbers show that global venture funding in the first half of 2021 surged 61% compared to the prior peak of $179 billion in the second half of 2020. That’s up 95% compared with the first half of 2020.
- The post-vaccine world is an active and exciting time for the legal industry as the economies are set to reopen.
- M&A, investment and finance transactions are the bread-and-butter of corporate law firms.
- Even companies that are going to get into M&A activities soon do hire M&A and investment lawyers. Successful M&A and finance lawyers can make difficult transactions happen smoothly, are paid handsomely and are part of news-making deals.
What are we teaching you at this bootcamp
- What are the job opportunities for lawyers in M&A, investment law and corporate transactions?
- What is the kind of work that M&A lawyers do?
- How is deal structuring done for such transactions? How to do due diligence? What are the important compliances? What kind of agreements do corporate transaction lawyers have to draft?
- What kind of skills do you require to become a successful M&A lawyer? - How is M&A different from other transactions like private equity or venture capital investments?
- How are equity transactions different from corporate loan transactions? What are the different skill sets involved?
- Is it possible for independent lawyers to do M&A practice? Are there lawyers who have built their own boutique law firm doing M&A or other corporate transactions? How did they do it?
- Is it possible to get into such work even if you are not from a top law school? How to get these internships? How to get your first break in this field?
- How can you prepare, right from your first or second year, to ensure that you get a job in the M&A, investment law and corporate transactions domain?
- What is the difference between private equity investors, angel investors and venture capital investors? What are their commercial motives and what do they expect from their lawyers?
- What are the steps involved in an investment transaction? What is a term sheet and how are term sheets drafted?
- What is a due diligence process and what is the work that lawyers do in relation to this process?
- What are Share Purchase Agreements, Share Subscription Agreements and Shareholders Agreements and how are these drafted?
Sounds like things you want to learn? Join the M&A, investment law and corporate transactions bootcamp.REGISTER NOW
What did participants say about our previous bootcamps
“Indeed, it was one of the finest bootcamps I have attended till now. Being in the corporate field, I can assure everyone that the kind of knowledge Abhyuday Sir and Ramanuj Sir are imparting can be very easily understood by any person.”
“This is my 2nd boot camp with the LawSikho team and I am so glad I got to find this opportunity. I’m very delighted to get into this bootcamp as it discusses career-related matters regarding corporate law and lawyer.”
“Learned a lot from this bootcamp. For the past 6 months, I was struggling to think of how to start my career in legal services. Now at least I have an idea and enthusiasm to learn new skills.”
“Today was Day-2 of the Boot camp and we learnt quite a few skills and went deeper into the understanding of the wide range of opportunities of being an international business lawyer. We learnt 10 skill sets needed. We learnt about the Early Mover Advantage, got aware of the Roadmap to reach our Goal. We learnt about Y combinators, accelerators, Delaware Flip, etc.
“Hey Ramanuj, I attended your Bootcamp and reviewed the give-aways based on my own professional experience of 25 years as a CFO. Very impressive, I must say .. Would like to have a 15 min chat, at your convenience .... Do call / schedule ASAP ...
Great work Komal, Abhyuday and team”
Why wasn't I aware of LawSikho in my first year at Law school. It would definitely have been a game-changer. Nevertheless, every time you attend any session conducted by them, you always come back learning something new. I had a similar experience this evening when I attended the bootcamp. It was an immensely fruitful and insightful experience. I am looking forward to attending the further sessions.
Great work LawSikho, Ramanuj Mukherjee and Abhyuday Agarwal sir
“Dear Mr. Ramanuj Mukherjee, I was there on the first day, it's a great session. We wish we could have such sessions in our early careers. I have resumed my independent law practice in my mid-age after a decade-long stint with the international civil service, and notably eight years with the ILO. My present areas of practise are labour and service laws.
Mostly inspired by the presentations of you and your good colleague Mr. Abhyuday Agarwal today. Devising my ideas for international works. Looking forward to valuable discussions in the next two days.
Who should attend this bootcamp?
- Law students who are looking to join the M&A teams of law firms - Lawyers who are interested in picking up M&A work as an area of practice - In-house counsels or lawyers working in legal departments of companies who are interested in playing a bigger role in the M&A transactions entered into by their employer companies
- Company secretaries who are interested in contributing to M&A transactions of their employers or clients beyond compliance.
- Lawyers / CAs / CSs advising startups on investment transactions - Lawyers / CAs / CSs working with private equity firms or venture capital companies - Chartered accountants who are engaged in valuation of companies and want to expand their practice domain.
Our students have been placed at the following law firms:
Tier 1 Law firms:
Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Singapore
New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad (India)
Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai (India)
Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai, Bengaluru (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Japan
Other law firms:
Delhi, Mumbai (India)
New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru (India)
Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi, Bengaluru (India)
Foreign Law Firms
California & Dallas (U.S.), Bangalore and Delhi (India).
Dubai, New Delhi, Seoul, Bangkok, Philippines, London, Kuwait
Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Dubai, Frankfurt / Düsseldorf, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, New York, Singapore, Taipei, Yangon, Yangon, Okada Law Firm (Hong Kong)
Our students/alumni are working at: