Details of the Organization
IFIM Law School is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University and is approved by the Bar Council of India. The main aim of this competition is to provide the maximum standard of interaction with industry experts as well as other stalwarts of the legal fraternity in addition to witnessing and participating in a series of Moot Court rounds with the best of the others from India.
Details of the Moot Court Competition
After the massive success of IFIM NMCC-2022, the IFIM School of Law’s Moot Court Committee is organising the next edition of its moot. The ‘2nd IFIM National Moot Court Competition, 2023.’ The competition will take place on the 22nd and 23rd of July, offline at the IFIM School of Law, Bengaluru on the theme of Constitutional Law.
The competition aims to provide a platform for law students to showcase their skills, exchange ideas, and learn from experienced professionals. It is an opportunity for students to test their knowledge, apply their legal skills, and compete with their peers from other institutions. The Moot Problem is drafted by Mr. Gautam Bhatia, who is a D.Phil. (Law) Candidate at the University of Oxford.
Mooting at IFIM Law School, Bengaluru:
Mooting is an integral part of the curriculum at IFIM Law School. The institution provides a platform for students to hone their advocacy skills, critical thinking, and research skills through the simulation of court proceedings. IFIM's MCC aims to provide students with practical experience in simulated court proceedings, which enables them to develop their skills in research, drafting, and oral advocacy.
This year’s competition by IFIM’s Moot Court Committee is around Constitutional Law. Constitutional Law plays a crucial role in the fundamentals of mooting, as it provides the basis for the interpretation of the legal system. The moot proposition will revolve around issues pertaining to Article 368, which is a crucial constitutional provision in India.
- Each team shall consist of 2 Speakers and 1 Researcher. In the case of a two-member team, both shall be speakers and one shall be permitted to appear as a researcher for the ‘Researcher’s Test.’ Teams are to notify which members are the respective speakers and researchers at the time of formal registration.
- Each team will be provided a team code and each participant will be provided with an individual code which will be communicated to them in due time via email.
- The teams registering by 11:59 pm (23:59 Hours) of 31st May 2023 are required to send a registration fee of INR 4000/- (Rupees Four Thousand only). Teams registering after 31st May 2023 and by 11:59 pm (23:59 Hours) of 15th June 2023 shall be required to pay INR 5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) as registration fee. No registrations shall be accepted post 15th June, 2023.
- The registration fee should be deposited via bank transfer to the following account:
- Registration fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Teams must confirm their participation by sending a scanned copy of the ‘Registration Form’ filled and duly signed by the Head of Participating Institution with the subject line “Registration for IFIM NMCC 2023” latest by 11:59 PM (23:59 Hours) by 31st May, 2023 or 15th June, 2023.
- Forms received after the deadline shall not be considered for registration.
- The Participating Team shall be required to share a screenshot of the registration fee transaction details along with the Registration Fee Form and Travel Plan by 5 PM on 1st June 2023 or 16th June 2023, as the case may be.
- Formal Registration of the Participating Team (s) shall take place on 21st July 2023, 11: 00 AM onwards at - IFIM Law School, Opposite Infosys Campus Gate #4 #8P & 9P, KIADB Industrial Area, 1st Phase, Electronic City, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100. The Participating Team shall be required to submit the hardcopy of the Registration Form during the Formal Registration on 21st July 2023.
Submission of Memorials:
- Once the Memorials have been submitted, no revisions, supplements or additions to the Memorials will be accepted.
- The last date for submitting the Memorials (for both Petitioner and Respondent sides) in soft copy is 10th July 2023 latest by 11:59 pm (23:59 Hours). The Memorials so submitted shall be judged for the “Best Memorial” Award. No amendments/ improvements shall be allowed subsequent to the referred submission.
- The soft copy of the Memorials shall with the subject line “Memorial Submission – Team Code”. The Soft Copy should be sent in Microsoft Office Word Format [.doc or .docx] and PDF format [.pdf].
- Attachments should be titled as <Team code> <PET> for the Petitioner side and as <Team code> <RES> for the Respondent side. [E.g., IFIM001 PET and IFIM001 RES]
- Six (6) hard copies of each of the memorials for Petitioner & Respondent (excluding copies for use by the team) should be carried by the teams at the time of Formal Registration on 21st July 2023.
- If the Organizers observe any differences in the soft copy and hard copy of the Memorials, the same may lead to the disqualification of such team.
- Late submissions beyond the stipulated date will attract a 2 points penalty for each day of delay. No soft copy submissions shall be accepted in any case after 11:59 pm (23:59 Hours) on 12th July 2023.
- Each team must prepare memorials for both sides to the dispute (Petitioner and Respondent).
Students pursuing their full-time 3-year LLB (or) 5-year LLB program from a University or Institute recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to apply.
- Winner: Rs. 60,000 INR /-
- Runners-Up: Rs. 40,000 INR /-
- Best Speaker – Male: Rs. 10,000 INR /-
- Best Speaker – Female: Rs. 10,000 INR /-
- Best Researcher – Male: Rs. 10,000 INR /-
- Best Researcher – Female: Rs. 10,000 INR /-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000 INR /-
Dates to Remember
- Release of Moot Proposition: 21st March 2023
- Last Date for Provisional Registration: 31st May 2023 (Early bird registration)
- Last Date for Regular Registration: 15th June 2023
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: 20th June 2023
- Release of Clarifications: 30th June 2023
- Last Date for Memorial Submission (Soft Copy): 10th July 2023
- Date of Researcher’s Test: 21st July, 2023
- Oral Rounds: 22nd July – 23rd July, 2023