Details of the Organization
The Law Commission of India is an executive body established by an order of the Government of India. The commission's function is to research and advise the government on legal reform, and is composed of legal experts, and headed by a retired judge.
Details of the Job/Internship
The Law Commission of India provides opportunities to law students for assisting the Commission in its legal research/law reform projects by holding a Summer (May-June), Winter (November-December) and Mid-Term Internship Programme.
- 1. Duration of the internship programme will be 04 Weeks ordinarily, which may be extended on the intern’s request by the Competent Authority for a maximum period of two weeks.
- 2. The Law Commission pays no remuneration/expenses.
- 3. Interested law students pursuing studies in (2nd and 3rd years of a three-year and 2nd to 5th year of a five-year law degree course only) at any recognized College/Law School/University may send their applications in the enclosed format. For Mid-Term Internship Programme, the application should reach 30 days in advance (the intended date for joining the internship).
- All these applications will be scrutinized and the offer will be sent to the selected students subject to the availability of slot and approval of the Competent Authority. The maximum number of slots to be offered to these students shall not ordinarily exceed five at any point of time.
- The students will have to produce a passport-size photo and a recommendation/no-objection letter from their Director or Head of Department, after receiving intimation from this office.
- Interns shall maintain absolute secrecy of all the facts and documents which come to their knowledge during the period. Interns are also expected to maintain Decorum of Law Commission’s office.
- A certificate will be issued to the Intern at the end of her/his internship after evaluation of the research paper or assessment of the work done.
The Programme is open for students pursuing studies in Law from recognized Colleges/Law Schools/Universities in India.
Role and Responsibilities
Interns will be required to present a research paper on a selected topic at the end of their study and also undergo other studies assigned and prepare notes on it and submit for evaluation and suggestions, if any.
Type of Opportunity
Lok Nayak Bhawan, 4th Floor, B Wing, Khan Market, New Delhi, Delhi (110003)
How to Register?
Click on the “Apply Now” tab on the right corner of this page and fill out the form.
Kindly register by 25-06-2023.