Details of the Organization
The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, came into existence as a separate Ministry with effect from 30th January 2006, earlier since 1985 it was a Department under the Ministry of Human Resources Development.
The Ministry was constituted with the prime intention of addressing gaps in State action for women and children to promote inter-Ministerial and inter-sectoral convergence to create gender-equitable and child-centred legislation, policies and programs.
Details of the Job/Internship
The objective of the Ministry of Women and Child Development Internship Programme is to translate the Hon’ble PM’s idea of “SABKA SATH, SABKA VIKAAS, SABKA VISHWAAS, SABKA PRAYAAS” for building a self-reliant India.
Age Limit: 21 years to 40 years
Duration: The Internship Programme will be available for the duration of one month and two months separately throughout the year. Interns can select any one of the two durations while submitting their applications.
Number of Interns: Ministry would take up to 10 interns per batch.
Incentives for Ministry of Women and Child Development Internship Programme
- Reimbursement of travel costs (by Deluxe/AC Bus/3 Tier AC Train) for joining the Programme in the Ministry and returning back home at the end of the Programme. Interns proceeding on tour as part of the Programme would be reimbursed travel costs (by Deluxe/AC Bus/3 Tier AC Train) and DA as per extant GOI rates.
- The interns would also be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the Programme on terms such as submission/presentation of papers/ reports of the work done.
- Interns would be provided with a hostel facility on sharing basis (3 interns per room) for the duration of their Programme in Delhi. The hostel facility would be available from 2 days prior to the start of the Programme up to 2 days after the end of the Programme (e.g., from the forenoon of 30th January 2023 up to the afternoon of 2nd March 2023 for a one-month programme and from the forenoon of 30th January 2023 upto afternoon of 2nd April 2023 for a two-month programme).
- Interns would be provided with necessary logistic support such as seating arrangement, internet facility and stationery items in the Ministry.
- The interns would be provided with an Internship Coordinator who would be responsible for coordinating the entire internship exercise, including networking and communication with other stakeholders.
The selection of Interns would be done by a Selection Committee duly constituted for this purpose. Where necessary, Ministry may also invite certain faculty members/subject experts from universities/reputed research institutes for the selection process.
Furnishing of Undertaking/Declaration
The selected intern would declare that she understands that the offer of the internship by the Ministry is not an offer of a job or commitment to any future job, hence the offer of internship would not be used as a claim for that matter.
The selected intern would furnish a declaration of secrecy before reporting for the internship.
Termination of Internship
Ministry would have the right to appraise/review the performance of interns and enforce the timely completion of various assignments. It would be desired for the Interns to complete their project activity on time and satisfactorily. In case of non-compliance and non-performance, the Ministry would have the right to terminate the internship programme by issuing a notice to the concerned intern to this effect.
Role and Responsibilities
Broadly, this programme is meant to help in orienting the students, scholars, social activists, and teachers with the policies and programmes of the Ministry by offering short-term association. The interns may be required to undertake pilot projects/micro-studies focusing on the ongoing activities of the Ministry. The Ministry endeavours from this Programme, a qualitative exposure of the interns to its mandate, specific programmes and policy analysis so as to enable them proactively raise issues concerning women and children on various platforms in future.
Through this Programme, Ministry aims to tap the talent of the interns, giving them the opportunity to work for infusing further efficiency in the implementation of schemes and also deliberate on its policies through different assignments.
The Internship programme would provide a common platform for meaningful interaction and space for research related to Government programs/initiatives. The interns would be able to contribute to policy formulation by giving inputs in the form of empirical analysis, reporting, policy papers and briefing. This Programme is expected to yield promptness in bridging possible information gaps pertaining to issues and problems of women and children in the country.
Under this initiative, Ministry would provide environment and services to the interns to interact with its functionaries responsible for the implementation of different schemes and policy initiatives; interact with other line Ministries and stakeholders who are key role players in the well-being and empowerment of women and children in the country.
Type of Opportunity
J687+HX8, Rajpath Area, Central Secretariat, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Dates to Remember
The applications can be submitted between the 1st and 10th of every month. Interns can choose the month and duration for which they wish to apply for the Programme. Applications will be accepted only up to 6 months in advance. Any candidate once selected for the internship shall not be eligible to apply for any subsequent Programme.