Details of the Organization
NITI Aayog is developing itself as a state-of-the-art resource centre with the necessary knowledge and skills that will enable it to act with speed, promote research and innovation, provide strategic policy vision for the government, and deal with contingent issues.
It is supported by an attached office, Development Monitoring and Evaluation Organisation (DMEO), a flagship initiative, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and an autonomous body, the National Institute of Labour Economics Research and Development (NILERD).
Details of the Job/Internship
About NITI Aayog Internship Scheme
In supersession of the previous guidelines dated 03-10-2017, NITI Aayog announces the revised NITI Internship Scheme. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized Universities/Institutions within India or abroad, as “interns”.
Purpose: To allow short-term exposure of “selected candidates” with the different Verticals/Divisions/Units of NITI Aayog, Government of India as ‘Interns’. A list of domain areas for which the Internship is invited is enclosed as Annexure A.
Objectives of the Scheme: The Scheme has the following stated purposes:
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NITI Aayog’s work for mutual benefit.
- The “interns” shall have an opportunity to learn about the Government Functioning and Developmental Policy issues in the Government of India and contribute to the Policy formulation by generating policy inputs such as empirical analysis, briefing reports, policy papers, etc.
Period: The internship period shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding six months. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
Logistics & Support: Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NITI Aayog shall provide them with working space, internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- UG students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of the 2nd year/4th semester of the bachelor’s degree course, secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in the 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or pursuing research/Ph.D. and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission to higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of the result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed 6 (Six) months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning in the month of December.
A certificate regarding the successful completion of the internship shall be issued by the Adviser of the concerned Subject Division.
Domains/Areas Available for Internship
- Data Management and Analysis
- Education/Human Resources Development
- Energy Sector
- Foreign Trade/Commerce
- Health, Nutrition, Women & Child Development
- Infrastructure connectivity
- Mass Communications and Social Media
- Mining Sector
- Natural Resources, Environment & Forests
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project appraisal and management
- Public Finances/Budget
- Public Private Partnership
- Rural Development and SDGs
- Science and Technology
- Skill Development & Employment
- Social justice and empowerment
- Sports and Youth Development
- Tourism and culture
- Urbanization/smart city
- Water Resources
Role and Responsibilities
These “interns” shall be exposed to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and will be expected to supplement the analysis process within NITI Aayog through the empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information. For the “Interns,” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
Type of Opportunity
Sansad Marg, Sansad Marg Area, New Delhi, Delhi (110001)
Dates to Remember
Interested applicants may apply from the 1st to the 10th of every month. The application can only be made six months in advance but not later than 2 months before the desired internship.
For example, if any applicants want to join the internship programme commencing in the month of Apr-19 then he/she can apply from the month of Oct- 18 to Feb- 18. The application will be valid for the desired month.