Details of the Organization
Maadhyam is a civic engagement initiative to bring Parliament and policy-making closer to people and to build a critical awareness and understanding among citizens on issues of law and policy.
Details of the Job/Internship
Maadhyam is hiring for the position of Research and Social Media Intern for their upcoming winter session of Parliament. The internship will be effort intensive and time engaging, however, entirely virtual and remote.
Role and Responsibilities
- Follow parliamentary proceedings throughout the day, every day.
- Research on questions, issues, and Bills being debated in Parliament.
- Prepare content for social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) to enable critical citizen engagement with Parliament (content = posters, memes, videos, gifs etc).
- Be available full-time throughout the internship (which will be 4th - 22nd December 2023 or when the Winter Session ends, whichever is earlier).
- Have a keen interest in parliament's functioning, policy-making and politics.
- Have an aptitude for research (be comfortable sifting through many documents, reports etc. to find relevant material).
- Must know how to use content creation software like Canva, Photoshop or any other similar software.
- Must be using and have a working knowledge of different social media platforms.
- Must believe in and uphold constitutional values, and must be honest, ethical, punctual and diligent with their work.
- Prior experience working in Parliament or policy research/with MPs etc. is desirable but not mandatory.
- People from any educational background, who meet the above criteria, are encouraged to apply.
The interns will receive a nominal stipend for their contributions.
Type of Opportunity
Remote/Work from Home