FREE & ONLINE
3-Day Bootcamp (LIVE only) on How Indian lawyers can Crack The Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE) and work as a solicitor in England and Wales
3rd - 5th December, 6-9 pm IST
The speakers of the bootcamp:
Abhyuday Agarwal COO & CO-Founder, LawSikho
Harsh Jain CO-Founder, LawSikho
As an Indian lawyer what opportunities will open up if you qualify as a solicitor in the UK?
- More recognition and respect from your peers, internationally and even in India
- Whether you want to migrate to England or not, qualifying as a Solicitor in the UK has many benefits
- Qualified to solicit and work on UK matters, can lead to jobs or opportunities in the UK
- Get to work on international matters - especially those that deal with common law jurisdictions
- Global recognition - this qualification is well respected in other countries around the world as well, and can help you to get a job or win clients in Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia or New Zealand as well as other prominent common law jurisdictions
Many people think that they have to do an expensive LLM in the UK to get these benefits or kickstart their international legal career.
- Well, that is not true at all. They need to know more about the SQE first.
- Even if you are planning to do an LLM in UK and have the money for it, if you want the best out of your LLM, you should start by preparing for and writing the SQE well ahead of time.
- The very first step to starting your journey to qualify in the UK, or getting international opportunities as a lawyer can be cracking the SQE!
Is This Exam Relevant For You?
- Every Indian Lawyer can appear for this exam and pass it, no need to do an expensive LLM in UK (which usually costs about INR 40-60 lakhs in most cases, maybe a bit lesser for scholarship students).
- It is probably no more difficult than your college exams but definitely much harder than the current bar exam we have in India! You have to prepare for about 6-12 months to crack the exam if you are studying for 2-4 hrs per day.
- You can prepare for this along with your law college or existing job or law practice. Preparing full time is not really necessary.
What do I have to do to be qualified to write this exam?
If you are a registered lawyer with any bar council in India, you are ALREADY qualified to write the SQE!
What Is The Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE)?
- The SQE examination is a prerequisite test for all aspiring solicitors in England and Wales. Passing the test makes you a solicitor, no matter what your previous qualifications were! The examination is conducted twice annually in the UK.
- You might have many questions, if you are interested in qualifying the SQE and migrating to the UK as a lawyer, or even practice remotely from India or just attract more international legal matters.
In Our 3 Day Bootcamp, You Will Find Answers To All These Questions:
- What opportunities can an SQE qualification open up for me?
- How hard is the exam? How much will I have to study? How much work is actually there?
- What kind of questions are asked? Will my existing Indian legal education help me at all?
- What is the structure of SQE1 and SQE 2? What study materials and resources do I need? What is the depth and breadth of the syllabus for this exam?
We are here to help you at our 3 day bootcamp where we will give you a step by step roadmap for cracking the SQE and setting yourself up for a successful future as a lawyer in the UK and Wales!
Here Are Brief Instructions On What You Need To Do To Obtain A Certificate For Attending This Bootcamp:
- Attend on all days (at least 2.5 hours each day, and login from trackable unique link sent to you by zoom so we can track your attendance),
- Leave a review of your experience (whether good, bad or ugly) in comments to the Linkedin and Twitter post links (shared in the live session), at the end of each day, for all days.
(If you don’t have an account on any of these channels please create it right away. It barely takes a couple of mins. A good social media profile is critical for career success in this decade. Agree or disagree?)
- Send us a screenshot of your posts to [email protected] We will send you a certificate after 10 days. If you have any question about receiving a certificate, write to [email protected]