Details of MNLUA National Client Counselling Competition
The MNLUA National Client Counselling Competition is a collaborative effort by two Centres of the University:
- Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR)
- Centre for International Corporate and Commercial Laws (CICCL)
For a lawyer, knowledge is power and the skill of communicating their knowledge along with making the client feel comfortable is a vital part of the profession. In the process of delivering justice, an in-depth understanding of the problem as well as effectively guiding the client is quintessential.
The advocacy skills are said to be successful when the client is well-informed about his problem, the intricacies of the legal system and the possible solutions to his problem.
Details of the University
Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
The State of Maharashtra realising the importance of quality legal education and the need for well-trained law graduates to the Bar, Bench and profession took a very bold decision by creating three National Law Universities in the State of Maharashtra at Mumbai, Nagpur and Aurangabad.
Further, all three are independent and autonomous institutions created under the Maharashtra National Law University Act, 2014. The latest one added to the list of National Law Universities in India is the Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad, which commenced on March 16, 2017.
The commencement of the University has fulfilled the aspirations of the people of the Marathwada region for an institution of national repute in Aurangabad.
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution is an initiative to promote academic research on themes pertaining to Alternate Dispute Resolution. The Centre strives to contribute to the vision and mission of MNLUA of developing human beings who are technically sound, socially relevant and emotionally strong by imbibing the skill s of ADR methods like active listening, understanding others points of view, discussions, empathy, rational thinking and community interest.
The Centre for International Corporate and Commercial Laws focuses on the dissemination of the knowledge related to Corporate and Commercial Law prevailing in domestic as well as international arenas and covers the trends related to it.
Students of three-year and five-year law degree courses in any year from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to apply for registration of their team.
- One team shall comprise two participants only (Counsel 1 and Counsel 2).
- A total of 40 teams will be selected for the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The registration fee, which includes accommodation and food shall be Rs. 6000/– for each team.
- Last date for registration: 15th March 2023
- One-Hour Online Training Session on SCC Online for all the participants: 15th March 2023 (The session is mandatory for every participant to attend)
- Inauguration, Preliminary and Quarter Final Round: 18th March 2023
- Semi-Final, Final Round and Valedictory: 19th March 2023
Awards and Perks
- Best Team: Trophy and a cash prize of Rupees 25,000/-
- 1st Runners up: Trophy and a cash prize of Rupees 15,000/-
- Best Counsel: Certificate and a cash prize of Rupees 10,000/-
- All the participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The winning team and the Best Counsel will be provided with a 1 Year Complimentary subscription of EBC Learning subscription worth Rs. 14,500/- each.
How to Register?
Click on the “Yes, I am Interested” tab on the right corner of this page and fill out the form. Once you submit the form, the institute will get in touch with you
The institute will further explain the following process:
- Full details of the event
- Registration process
- Payment process