About Jagran Lakecity University Conference
The National Conference on Social Justice and Collective Rights, 2023 organised by the Centre for Human Rights, Gender & Social Inclusion (CHRGS) of Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal provides platform and creates an opportunity for discussing the diverse strategies for promoting social justice and collective rights in the 21st century.
The social justice approach includes both individualistic approaches, rooted in the universalistic philosophy of human rights, and collectivist approaches, such as group- or issue-specific rights. Participants can research, write and present on diverse themes in this regard.
Participation in this conference would be open for all, students of a law enrolled in any UG/PG program of a recognised university, law practitioners, academicians etc. from any discipline, which relates to the theme of the conference. The conference will be organised in a hybrid mode on March 28-29, 2023 in order to provide an opportunity for discussion of the opinion of all relevant
stakeholders in relation to the theme of the conference.
About Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University
The Faculty of Law was established in the year 2014 as part of Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal. It is the only participating university from Central India ERASMUS+ programme under the Tuning India Project, funded by the European Commission and is also currently the country chair for the Association of Universities of Asia Pacific (AUAP).
Call for Papers
This Conference invites research papers including but not limited to the following themes on the interdisciplinary subject of Law and various aspects of Social Justice and Inclusiveness:
- Protection of Rights through Judicial Activism
- Inclusion of Marginalised Sections in Policy making
- Human rights of farmers vis-à-vis Food security
- Protection of Rights of Person with Disabilities
- Right to Education in 21 st Century
- Protection of Child Rights vis-à-vis National & International Initiatives
- Achieving Social Justice through Democratic Decentralisation
- Protection of Human Rights of Migrant Workers in India
- Sustainable Urbanisation vis-à-vis Social Development
- Collective Rights and Constitution of India
The listed themes are only indicative, the candidates are free to choose any other subject resonating with the concept of Social Justice and Collective Rights.
Authors must be pursuing their 5-year/3-year LL.B. course/ LL.M from any recognised university in India and an equivalent law degree abroad for the academic year of 2022-2023, or, academician/professor, or Legal researcher, or, Lawyer and/other scholars in related disciplines of research and training, to be eligible to participate in the Conference.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/team. Submissions, both as co-author and single author, will be treated as multiple submissions and will be disqualified as an entry to the Conference.
- The manuscript should be original and unpublished work of the author(s) and any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
- The author(s) has to give a declaration of the originality of the work.
- Author(s) shall solely be responsible for the accuracy of statements, opinion and view presented in the manuscripts.
Guidelines for the Abstracts
Abstracts should not exceed 500-1000 words including footnotes. Abstract should mention the following specific details on the front page:
- Name of the Author(s)
- Contact Number
- Email ID
- Title of the Submission
Guidelines for the Final Manuscript
- Length of Full Paper: Not more than 3,500 words (excluding footnotes and title)
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12, Line spacing 1.5 and Alignment ‘justify’
- Submissions must be made in MS Word Format (.doc)/(.docx) only.
- The name of the file should be “Title of the Paper_NCSJ”
- Submissions made in any other format shall not be considered.
The UGC Anti-plagiarism guidelines shall be adhered to. University Grants Commission (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Education Institutions) Regulations –2017: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/8864815_UGC-Public-Notice-on-Draft-UGCRegulations,-2017.pdf
Self-Plagiarism Public Notice: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/2284767_self-plagiarism001.pdf
Footnotes and Citations
- Footnotes: Font ‘Times New Roman’, Font Size 10, line spacing 1.
- The citations must conform to the latest Bluebook Style of Citation, 20th edition.
- It is not permitted to provide any information in the footnotes that is not related to the identification of an authority or source. Footnotes must not include additional legal arguments.
- Endnotes are not permitted.
Dates to Remember
- Last date for the submission of abstract: 6th March, 2023
- Date for intimation of the selection of abstract: 7th March, 2023
- Last date for payment of registration fees: 13th March, 2023
- Last date of submission of the research paper: 23rd March, 2023
- Date of presentation of paper: 28th-29th March, 2023
Best Paper Awards
- Best Presentation: Rs. 5,000/-
- 2nd Best Presentation: Rs. 2,500/-
- Certificate of Merit for the Top 10 Entries
How to Register?
Click on the “Yes, I am Interested” tab on the right corner of this page and fill out the form. Once you submit the form, the institute will get in touch with you
The institute will further explain the following process:
- Full details of the event
- Registration process
- Payment process (if any)
- Accommodation details