Details of PURC Conference on IPR
University Institute of Law, Panjab University Regional Center, Ludhiana in collaboration with RUSA, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is organising a one-day International Conference on Intellectual Property Rights in Globalised World, Contemporary Society and Economics Challenges and Prospects on 27th March 2023 at Panjab University Regional Center, Ludhiana
Intellectual property rights reward creativity and human endeavour, which then fuels the progress of humankind. Intellectual property rights help in safeguarding the rights of deserving researchers, inventors and creators as well as a further incentive to continue
producing better and more efficient products for consumers by discouraging counterfeiting and piracy.
Intellectual property rights have changed the entire business dynamics of the modern world. Creativity and innovation are now leading the world economy. Inventions are happening at a rapid pace to handle big data for an almost infinite number of applications.
Therefore, the protection and management of IPRs not only becomes critically important but will ensure motivation to develop and propagate scientific and technological innovations. The PURC conference on IPR is categorically designed to assess IPRs’ role in the globalised world.
Details of Panjab University Regional Centre, University Institute of Laws
With a vision to provide quality education to students, and to enable them to excel in the legal domain, the University Institute of Laws (UIL), Panjab University Regional Centre (PURC), Ludhiana was started by the Panjab University, Chandigarh in July 2003.
Call for Papers
PURC is inviting quality papers from research scholars, academicians, and professionals.
All the final submissions shall be subjected to blind peer review and plagiarism check, subsequent to which the selected papers will
be considered for publication in an Edited Book with an ISBN number.
Sub-themes and Sessions
- Contemporary Issues in IPRs
- Trade, Development and IPRs
- International Control Regime in IPRs
- IPRs inIndian Perspective
- Full paper should be prepared in the MS Word format
- Font: Times New Roman
- Title of the paper: Font 14
- Subtitles: Font 13
- Body text: Font 12
- Spacing: 1.5 lines
- Should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes).
- Submission of a paper amounts to consent to such publication and transfer of copyright to the host institute and consent to edit the paper as may be required. The author shall cooperate with the editor, in respect of such editing.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 21st Edition method of citation.
- The work should be original, previously unpublished and must not be in the stage of submission/consideration elsewhere.
Rules for Participants
- The abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the organising committee and only shortlisted abstracts will be invited to submit final papers. The final paper should be submitted after the intimation of acceptance of the abstract.
- The final submission shall be concluded within the prescribed deadline.
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last dates of submission, respectively.
- For participation, registration is mandatory upon confirmation of participation.
- Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in the Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided with a participation certificate.
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: 10th March 2023
- Confirmation of Abstract Selection: 14th March 2023
- Deadline for Submission of Full Paper: 24th March 2023
- Last date for Registration: 27th March 2023
How to Register?
Click on the “Yes, I am Interested” tab on the right corner of this page and fill out the form. Once you submit the form, the institute will get in touch with you
The institute will further explain the following process:
- Full details of the event
- Registration process
- Payment process (if any)