Details of Uttarakhand Judicial Service Civil Judge Examination
Uttarakhand Judicial Service Civil Judge Examination 2023 is held yearly by Uttarakhand Public Service Commission to fill vacancies for Civil Judge positions in the Uttarakhand High Court. Uttarakhand Public Service Commission announced that there would be 16 seats available.
Last date of online application: 21st March 2023
Details of Uttarakhand Public Service Commission
The State of Uttarakhand came into existence on 9th November 2000 under the Reorganisation of Uttar Pradesh Act 2000. The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission was Constituted under the provisions of the Article 315 of the Constitution of India by the Governor of Uttarakhand vide Notification No. 247/1Karmik 2001 dated 14th March 2001(Annexure1). The Commission came into existence on 15 May 2001.
The working of Uttarakhand Public Service Commission is regulated by the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission Procedure and Conduct of Business Rule 2013 (Framed by the Lok Sewa Ayog Uttarakhand under section 11 of U.P. State Lok Sewa Ayog (Prakriya ka viniyaman) Adhiniyam, 1985 Uttarakhand Anukulan awam Upantaran Adesh, 2002).
Uttarakhand Judicial Service Civil Judge Examination 2023
Mode of Examination
The Examination shall be conducted in an offline mode only. The centres are given below:
|Serial Number||City||Country Code|
Pattern of Examination
The Uttarakhand Judicial Service Civil Judge Examination pattern consists of the following three phases:
- Preliminary written Entrance (Screening) Examination
- Main Written Examination
- Viva-voice Examination (Interview)
Subject and Syllabus of Examination
For Preliminary written Entrance (Screening) Examination
The preliminary written entrance examination paper will be divided into two parts. Part I will contain 50 marks and Part II will contain 150 marks. There will be an objective-type test on the following subjects:
Part I: General Knowledge. It will include day-to-day happenings around India and the World, particularly in the legal spheres. The questions may relate mainly to international law, neutrality, recent legislation pronouncement particularly Indian Constitution, law and development and legal aspects but it will not be confined to this only.
Part II: It will cover the following Acts and Laws – Transfer of Properties Act, Principle of Hindu Laws and Principle of Muslim Laws, Evidence Act, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, and Civil Procedure Code.
For Main Written Examination and Viva-voice Examination (Interview)
The examination will include the following subjects; each subject will carry the number of marks shown against it:
- The Present Day: 150
- Language: 100
- Law: Paper I – Substantive Law: 200
- Law: Paper II – Evidence & Procedure: 200
- Law: Paper III – Revenue & Criminal: 200
- For Basic Knowledge of computer Operation Practical Examination: 100
- Viva-Voice: 100
The Present Day: This paper is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of the reactions to what is happening in India and the world generally at the present day, particularly in the legal sphere and also his power of expression in English. Questions, the answers to which should be in essay form will relate mainly to jurisprudence, international law, neutrality, recent legislation, particularly- Indian constitutional law and developments, especially on their legal aspect and so on but will not be confined to them. Credit will be given both for substance and expression; conversely deduction will be made for bad expression, including faults of grammar, misuse of words etc.
Language: A passage in English will be set and the candidate will be required to translate it into the ordinary language spoken:
- In the courts, using the Devnagri Script: 30 Marks
- Likewise, a passage in Hindi will be required to be translated into the ordinary English language: 30 Marks
- There will be English Précis writing also: 40 Marks
Law: Paper I-Substantive Law: The questions set will be restricted to the field covered by- The law of contracts; the law of partnership; the law concerning casements and torts; the law relating to transfer of property; including the principles of equity specially applicable thereto; the principles of equity, with special reference to the Law of Trust and specific relief. Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law.
Law: Paper II – Evidence and Procedure: The field will be covered by the Law of Evidence, The Criminal Procedure Code and Code of Civil Procedure, including the principles of pleading. The questions set will relate mainly to practical matters; such as the framing of charges and issues the methods of dealing with the evidence of witness, the writing of judgment and the conduct of cases generally but will not be restricted to them.
Law: Paper III- Revenue & Criminal: U.P. Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act (as applicable in Uttarakhand) and Indian Penal Code.
For Basic Knowledge of computer Operation Practical Examination:
Microsoft Windows Operating system and Microsoft Office
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Minimum Qualifying Marks to be obtained: 40
- Time allowed: One Hour
The paper shall be set from the given syllabus broadly taking one question from each i.e.:
- Windows and Internet
- M.S. – word
- M.S. – Access
- M.S. – Excel
- M.S. – PowerPoint. Each question shall have five actions to be performed on the system each having four marks. Printout of the output shall be taken and given for evaluation.
Viva-Voice: 100 Marks
The suitability of the candidate for employment in the Judicial Service will be tested with reference to his record at School, College and University and his personality, address and physique. The questions which may be put to him may be of a general nature and will not
necessarily be of an academic or legal nature.
- The marks obtained in viva voice will be added to the marks obtained in the written papers and the candidate’s place will depend on the aggregate of both.
- The Commission reserve the right to refuse to call for viva-voice and a candidate who has not obtained such marks in the Law Papers as to justify such refusal.
- A Bachelor of Law from a University established by law in Uttarakhand or other University of India is recognized for this purpose by the Governor.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of Hindi in Devnagri script.
- Basic Knowledge of Computer operation.
Age Limit and Relaxation
As per the official notification, the minimum age should be 22 years, and the maximum age limit for the judge exam is 35.
Prepare for the Examination with LawSikho
Uttarakhand Civil Judge (Junior Division) Exam is slightly challenging to crack due to high competition. On analysis of previous year’s papers, it can be said that the level of difficulty of the exam is moderate to difficult questions.
Boost your Uttarakhand Judicial Service Civil Judge (Junior Division) Prelims exam preparation with mock test series based on the recent exam pattern of the exam.
Out of this course, students would be getting:
- 900+ Multiple Choice Questions based on Recent Exam Pattern
- 3 Full-Length Mocks based on Uttarakhand Civil Judge (Junior Division) Exam Pattern
- 200 questions per Mock
- Total number of questions: 600
- 8 Sectional Mocks based on Uttarakhand Civil Judge (Junior Division) Exam Pattern
- 75 questions per Mock
- Total number of questions: 600
- Past Year Paper Analysis of Uttarakhand Civil Judge (Junior Division) Exam 2015-2021
- Additional complimentary support: Counselling as well as doubt resolution support
- Link to daily Thorough Newspaper Analysis
- Daily Current Affairs quiz
- All India Ranking to check one’s level of preparation
Who can Enrol for this Course?
All serious aspirants who wish to leave no stone unturned and fool-proof their Uttarakhand Civil Judge (Junior Division) Exam preparation.
To register, for Uttarakhand Judicial Service Civil Judge Examination 2023 click on this link and fill in the information as per the instructions given: https://ukpscnet.in/lxR8N
- Website Link of Bihar Public Service Commission: https://psc.uk.gov.in/
- BPSC Bihar 32nd Judicial Services Recruitment Official Notification: https://tinyurl.com/2p8ttmws
- Application Link: https://ukpscnet.in/lxR8N