Details of Amity Law School Quiz Competition
The Constitution of India is a living document that incorporates the wills and aspirations of people and social groups. Arguably, it is the longest-written constitution that strives to protect and promote holistic constitutional principles such as constitutional morality, secularism, federalism, democracy, sovereignty and integrity, republicanism, etc.
The Constitution of India is also a major source of laws, and through the legislature and the judiciary, many laws have germinated and consolidated over time. Since the formalization of the Constitution of India in 1950, several laws created by the union and state legislature and by the union and state judiciary have played an instrumental role in promoting rule of law and in safeguarding the legal and constitutional spirit.
Under the changing social, legal and political discourses, constitutional mores and norms are gaining all the more importance. Given the changing discourses, there is a felt need to revisit the constitutional principles and, therefore, Amity Law School, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh considers it apt to organize an offline National Quiz Competition ‘Vox Populi’ (voice of the people) on 24th March 2023 in Amity Law School, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
The main motto of this National Quiz Competition is to encourage undergraduate (UG) and post-graduate (PG) students of law to engage in quizzing activities to foster their understanding of the working of the Indian Constitution, in the changing socio-legal and political contexts. The competition also intends to create a platform for the UG and PG students of law to come together to test their knowledge of the changing constitutional mores and norms.
Theme of Amity Law School Quiz Competition
VOX POPULI National Quiz Competition, 2023 on Constitutional Law. The questions in the National Quiz Competition will be based on various sub-themes such as:
- Constituent Assembly debates
- Fundamental rights
- Fundamental duties
- Directive principles of state policy
- The central Executive, Legislature and Judiciary
- The state Executive, Legislature and Judiciary
- Union territories
- Panchayats and Municipalities
- Constitutional cases
- Centre-state relations
- Services under the union and the states
- Administrative tribunals
- Official languages
- Emergency provisions
- Miscellaneous provisions
- Any other matter/issue relating to the Constitution of India.
- Only individual participation is allowed.
- Bonafide law Students from UG and PG Courses from Universities across the country may participate in the National Quiz Competition.
- Research scholars doing MPHIL or PHD will not be permitted to participate in the quiz competition.
- Registration of individual participants will start on 8th March and will end on 28th March, 11.59 PM.
- Registration will be on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis. Students from Amity Law School, Noida may also participate in the National Quiz Competition on Constitutional Law. However, the Quiz Competition Organizing team may cap the number of such participants.
- The first 100 participants will be allowed to participate in the National Quiz Competition. However, the Quiz Competition Organizing team shall have the discretion to increase or reduce the number of participants, in case of any exigency/supervening impossibility or otherwise.
- The registration fee for the event is Rs 250, which has to be paid during registration through the Google Form. The registration fee includes lunch.
- Outstation candidates may register for the event. However, they need to meet their own staying and travelling expenses.
- The mode of conduct of the competition will be offline.
- The medium of the quiz will be English only.
- The Quiz will be in paper-based MCQ format for the qualifying round.
- For the second and final rounds of the quiz, formal offline quizzing patterns will be followed.
- There will be no negative marking.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the quizmaster shall be final.
- Under exceptional circumstances or in the event of a supervening impossibility, the Organizing Committee, which includes the Faculty Coordinators and Student Coordinators, may amend any rule or may add/delete rule(s) pertaining to the National Quiz Competition.
Format of the Competition
- The qualifying round(s) will be based on MCQs, each question carrying two marks. The performance in the qualifying rounds of the National Quiz Competition will be evaluated based on “Maximum Correct Answers in the Shortest Time”.
- The first 16 participants who have the Maximum number of Correct Answers in the Shortest Time shall qualify for the second round of the National Quiz Competition. In the second round, the 16 participants will be divided into two groups (Groups A and B) and the best four performers in each group shall qualify for the final round. The second round shall consist of three quizzing sub-rounds.
- The final round, which shall consist of five quizzing sub-rounds, will have eight participants.
- Last Date of Registration: 28th March 2023 (11:59 PM)
- The participants should fill out the registration form carefully. The information fed should exactly be the same as required by them on their E-certificates.
- The National Quiz Competition organizers reserve the right to amend or repeal any rule or eligibility criteria at any time before the commencement of the competition.
- E-Certificates will be provided to all the participants.
The winners will be awarded prizes (either in cash or in-kind) and e-certificates.
- First prize: Worth Rs 5,000/-
- Second prize: Worth Rs 3,000/-
- Third prize: Worth Rs 2,000 4. Fourth prize: Worth Rs 1,000/-
Venue & Schedule
Venue: The event will be conducted in a physical mode in Amity Law School, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Schedule: The date and time of the National Quiz Competition on Constitutional Law are as follows: 31st March 2023; 9 AM – 5 PM The detailed schedule will be emailed to the participants in due course of time. (To avoid any inconvenience, the participants are advised to be ready 15 minutes before the commencement of the quiz.)
How to Register?
Click on the “Yes, I am Interested” tab on the right corner of this page and fill out the form. Once you submit the form, the institute will get in touch with you
The institute will further explain the following process:
- Full details of the event
- Registration process
- Payment process (if any)