So, where am I going to learn all the practical skills I need as a law student? What exactly should I know?
Law students have diverse interests. There are hundreds of niche practice areas that have emerged in the last decade that have really prospered.
It is hard to keep up with the aspirations and dreams of new generations of law students who want to specialise in esoteric areas of law.
What you should learn ideally depends a great deal on what fascinates you. You need to start learning about various things that draw your interest until something stands out and calls you in a way that you can feel a passion for it.
Apart from this, there is a need for training in various soft skills and peculiar requirements of the legal industry, from moot courts to interview preparation and policy advocacy.
Launching LawSikho Virtual Library for Law Students
There has been a long-standing demand for launching a course library that is meant for law students specifically.
Finally, we have been able to do this. Just like there is Master Access available to established lawyers, we are making a special course library available to law students.
We offer dozens of courses to law students depending on the career that they wish to pursue. However, how can they decide early in their career what exactly they would do? Ambitions and interests can rapidly change. Also, some of them, wisely, seek exposure to a larger variety of legal disciplines at this stage of their development.
Apart from that, they also seek 360-degree guidance for their career - whether they want to land the right internships, work at a tier 1 law firm, get the top 1% opportunities in litigation or become a judge for that matter.
It is for these students that we launched the Students Virtual Career Development Library.
It is for those law students who want to pursue the entire gamut of courses available with LawSikho, including test prep courses and have no limits on their learning opportunities and access.
It can be expensive and hard to pursue multiple courses, one after another, especially when it comes to extensive test prep courses. But the Virtual Career Development Library makes it very affordable and accessible for every law student.
What is included in the Virtual Career Development Library?
In the Virtual Career Development Library, every student will get access to an ever-growing body of legal courses, study material, practice assignments, video tutorials and specialised online live tutoring and guest lectures by top industry experts that can engage your mind and intellect and capture your interests. The library promises to produce massive returns for your budding legal career in terms of enhanced knowledge and skills, higher performance in internships and job interviews, unparalleled student satisfaction and round the year access to one-on-one personalised coaching and guidance.
If you want hard copy material for any of the courses, you can just pay the printing and courier cost, and we will send it to you! We will not make any profit on selling you hard copy material, ever. That’s a promise. However, the price does not include the price of any hard copies.
The Virtual Career Development Library will equip law students to pursue a variety of careers, which are listed below.
Government Job Related Competitive Exams
- State Judiciary exams
- SEBI Grade- A Law Officers exam
- CLAT LLM
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Litigation
- Commercial and tribunal litigation and arbitration (NCLT, IBC, SAT, tax litigation, etc.)
- Disputes and litigation team of a law firm
- Litigation as a junior
- Litigation as an independent practitioner
Careers in a law firm/company
- Corporate lawyer (in M&A, Banking & Finance, General Corporate, Capital Markets or another practice area)
- Employment lawyer
- Intellectual property lawyer
- Tax lawyer
- Media and entertainment lawyer (in a media or IP law firm)
- Technology lawyer
- In-house counsel at an MNC or an Indian company
Preparation for judicial exams
- Training for judgment writing - one of the most difficult skills tested in judicial exams
- Course library covers courses for all state judicial exams and will help students in their early years in law college to kick start their preparation and get an early bird advantage
- 2 hours of specialised classes per day round the year for judiciary training
- You get access to a judiciary training course for 5 years or up to 2 years after your graduation, whichever is later even though access to other courses will terminate at the end of your law school
Career as a legal entrepreneur, independent practitioner or a founder of a law firm
- Several law students are interested in starting their own firms after they graduate, often in a tier-2, tier 3 city or smaller town. They want to bring specialized expertise to clients who have a specific set of demands which are not addressed by the big city law firms in these far-flung regions. In such cases, with our support and training, students do not need to work for years in a Tier 1 corporate law firm to learn best practices, client and practice development-related skill sets, and can start off their law firm immediately after graduating.
- Additionally, if a law student intends to start his or her own venture (involving innovations around the use of the law, access to justice or even a venture unrelated to law), our courses will enable such a learner to address the legal, strategic, contractual and compliance aspects with ease. LawSikho also leverages its massive legal media assets to promote its alumni and their ventures.
Career as a freelance lawyer
- Many law students we speak to do not want to practice specifically as litigators, work in a law firm or in a company, or even build their own law firm. They want to consult clients independently and build a solo practise as freelancers.
- They may not live in a major commercial hub. They may build a practice while travelling the world.
- They may work on client assignments on a part-time or full-time basis, depending on their personal circumstances and career lifestyle preferences.
- These career options can be very fulfilling and sustainable, but the absence of practical skills currently prevents such lawyers from earning enough to live well and on their own.
- The lawyers who pursue this path are compelled to first find a job and work in a big law firm for years before they can build a career that suits their ambitions. However, having practical skills, knowledge of client acquisition and practice development can enable such lawyers to lay the groundwork for such a practice from law school days itself, and reap rich benefits from the day they graduate.
The long list of benefits associated with LawSikho Virtual Career Development Library
Benefits for students
- Specialised one-year training for improving one's legal English skills
- Students would learn to draft commercial contracts and contract review
- Live classes and simulation exercises to teach drafting of plaints, written statements, bail applications, PILs, SLP and various civil and criminal applications
- Students would learn how to conduct due diligence, which is a critical stepping stone to work in a corporate law firm
- Students would acquire negotiation skills, practice mock negotiations and basics of mediation
- Learn practice and procedures for arbitration and alternative dispute resolution techniques
- Students and faculty members can get insights into the latest technology laws and fintech regulations
- Acquire legal research and writing skills, which would reflect in an increase in publication numbers
- Students will rapidly enhance CV by writing and publishing articles and winning moot courts.
- Students of the institution will get access to the 20,000+ strong alumni network of LawSikho and may receive job and internship opportunities, as well as client referrals from the same
- Get access to exclusive career opportunities - internships and jobs
- 24/7 access to recorded sessions on android and IOS apps
- On request personal coaching sessions can be arranged for top students
- Appear for online exams at convenience and certification for practical skill development program undergone
- Knowledge library includes drafts and templates of contracts, applications and compliance forms along with other salient features
- On-campus and off-campus learning for students, seamless access to the library during internships would enhance their performance at the internship
- Students will have access to more than 300 hours of high-quality videos to enhance their core curriculum and supplemental learning, resulting in delivering lifelong learning to students and select faculty members
- Features such as a unique learning management system, grade books, online assignment submission platform and plagiarism detection will help college/universities seamlessly incorporate online learning into their on-campus programs
- The collaboration will lead to the creation of a future workforce equipped with industry required skills and training
- Unmatched practical learning from 80+ Industry Panelists
- Our students often start to earn significant revenues from serving clients or from paid internships as they develop significant practical management and legal skills.
- Convenient annual renewal options
- Recruitment opportunities, as well as academic satisfaction, will measurably improve
- You would bring laurels to the alma mater for mooting and other competitive extracurricular activities thanks to superior training and a readily available knowledge base
- Free career guidance sessions for students can be organized on request as an additional benefit
- Free coverage on iPleaders blog and LawSikho social media channels, interview of your success on Superlawyer. in.
- Opportunity to participate in exclusive events and guest lectures
- Support for coming up with and then executing a powerful career development strategy that results in you landing the job of your dreams or building your own independent practice if you so wish
- If lawSikho launches new courses with foreign universities, while you will not be eligible for certificates, you can join classes for free as observers with specific permission from LawSikho
Specific Product Features and Details
- Access to an online library of 45+ courses on demand
- 2 live online sessions every month covering most important practical skills such as drafting and negotiation, CV making, interview training and job readiness
- Special sessions led by celebrated top lawyers from the industry
- Weekly pre-recorded video training and simulation exercises
- Free interview preparation and internship training
- 24 simulation exercises (list available on request, customizable)
- No disturbance in the existing curriculum of the college
- Opportunities for internships and placements would be shared with top performers
- Training for legal research and article writing
- Qualified articles of students and faculty to be shared and promoted on iPleaders Blog - world’s largest law blog
- Top articles authors may win weekly prizes from iPleaders as well as internship and externship opportunities
- Become a student ambassador for us on priority selection, get access to publishing on iPleaders blog and LawSikho YouTube channel, with a cumulative reach of over 1 lakh lawyers per month
- Access to free webinars and free lectures from time to time
- LawSikho organizes regular guest lectures by top industry experts
- Complimentary training for All India Bar Exam on demand
List of courses included
- Diploma in Cyber Law, FinTech Regulations and Technology Contracts
- Diploma in M&A, Institutional Finance and Investment Laws (PE and VC transactions)
- Diploma in English Communication for Lawyers - oratory, writing, listening and accuracy
- Diploma in Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Laws
- Diploma in Companies Act, Corporate Governance and SEBI Regulations
- Diploma in Business Laws for In-House Counsels
- Diploma in Advanced Contract Drafting, Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
- Diploma in Labour, Employment and Industrial Laws (including POSH) for HR Managers
Executive certificate courses
- Executive Certificate Course in Advanced Criminal Litigation & Trial Advocacy
- Executive Certificate Course in Real Estate Laws
- Executive Certificate Course in Legal Practice Development and Management
- Executive Certificate Course in Introduction to Legal Drafting: Contracts, Petitions, Opinions & Articles
- Executive Certificate Course in Advanced Corporate Taxation
- Executive Certificate Course in Media and Entertainment Law: Contracts, Licensing and Regulations
- Executive Certificate Course in Trademark Licensing, Prosecution and Litigation
- Executive Certificate Course in Advanced Civil Litigation: Practice, Procedure and Drafting
- Executive Certificate Course in Capital Markets, Securities Laws, Insider Trading and SEBI Litigation
- Executive Certificate Course in Banking & Finance Practice: Contracts, Disputes & Recovery
- Executive Certificate Course in Patent Law: Licensing, Claims and Litigation
- Executive Certification Course in International Commercial Arbitration and Mediation
- Executive Certificate Course in Competition Law, Practice And Enforcement
- Executive Certificate Course in Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- Executive Certificate Course in Arbitration: Strategy, Procedure and Drafting
- Executive Certificate Course in National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) Litigation
- Executive Certificate Course in Advanced Tax Litigation
- Executive Certificate Course In Technology Contracts
- Certificate Course In Companies Act
- Certificate Course in Electricity and Renewable Energy Laws
- Certificate Course In Technology Contracts
- Certificate Course in Prevention of Sexual Harassment at the Workplace
- Certificate Course in Advanced Commercial Contract Drafting, Negotiation & Dispute Resolution
- Certificate Course in Government Contracts, Tender Management and Regulations
- Certificate in Law and the Legal System of India
- Certificate Course in Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Certificate Course in Intellectual Property Law
- Certificate Course in Alternative Dispute Resolution: Practice, Drafting & Procedure
- Certificate Course in Gambling Laws
- Certificate Course in FCRA and Regulation Of Foreign Donation In Non-Profit Sector
- Certificate Course in Foreign Direct Investment and Regulations
- Certificate Course in Corporate Governance
- Certificate Course in Trademark Law
- Certificate Course in Import-Export, Customs Laws and Regulation
- Certificate Course in International Taxation and Transfer Pricing
- Certificate Course in Consumer Litigation
- Certificate Course in Investment & Banking Due Diligence
- Certificate Course in E-commerce, Fintech and Law
- Crack CLAT - Advanced Legal Reasoning and Legal GK
- BarHacker - Crack All India Bar Exam
- SEBI Grade A Legal Officers Test Prep Course
- Project Maverick (Almost Free CLAT & other Law Entrance Exam Coaching)
- Civil Procedure Code: The Ultimate Crash Course
- Jurisprudence - The Juggernaut Crash Course
- NTA-UGC NET/JRF
- Indian Contract Act, 1872: Crash Course
- SEBI Grade A Legal Officers Exam Prep - Mock Test Series + Practice Tests + Topic Wise MCQs
- Judgment Writing and Drafting Course for Judicial Services
- Introduction To Corporate Law Practice
- Introductory Course: Legal Writing For Blogging, Paid Internships, Knowledge Management, Research And Editing Jobs
- Introduction To Intellectual Property And Media Law Practice
- Introduction To Companies Act, 2013
- Introduction To Practical Contract Drafting
- Decoding Accounts and Financial Statements of a Company - for lawyers
Career development programmes
- Dream Job Bootcamp
- How to List Your Company in Foreign Stock Exchanges (US, London, Luxembourg, Singapore
- CV Writing and Interview Training
- Ace Your Internship
NOTE: University-certified courses are not included
If you take this course, follow it diligently for a month, do all the exercises but still do not find value in it, or not able to understand or follow it or not find it good for any reason, we will refund the entire course fee to you. It is a 100% money-back guarantee with only one condition, you must pursue it properly for a month. If you don’t find it valuable after that, get your entire money back.
Online 24/7 access
Access to basic study material through the online learning management system, Android and iOS app
2 practical exercises every week, followed by written feedback
Live Online Classes
Based on the exercises, there will be a live video-based online class. You can ask questions, share your screen, get personal feedback in this class.
Convenient Class timings
Classes are held after regular work hours. Typically classes are kept on Sunday afternoon or 8-9 pm on other days.
Live Doubt Clearing
You can ask questions, get your doubt cleared live as well as through online forums
How long will I have access?
From the day of joining, you will have access to the library for 5 years. It will also be possible to get access for 1 year only.
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses, including test prep courses for 5 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations
Book your seat now
Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, none of our courses is recognised, accredited, or validated by any university, government or third party. We consider government regulatory standards as an impediment to offering high-quality courses we offer at an affordable cost, offering informal, non recognised courses rather than collaborating with formal universities.
This course is offered as a skill development course by a private company. LawSikho is India’s leading online legal education provider and provides high-quality legal courses that teach you how to do practical legal work as required by the industry.
For any recruiter or client, what matters the most is whether you possess the relevant skills to match their needs and serve their interests. We will train you in rare and important skills that are highly in-demand and our initiative is one of a kind.
Experts review the syllabus and course content for all the courses. These experts are drawn from law firms and the industry at large. The course is conceptualised, coordinated and marketed by LawSikho, a venture that aims to make justice accessible to people from all walks of life through access to superior legal knowledge.
The legal industry knows and respects our work, and they know that anyone who finished our course and obtained certification has a certain level of knowledge and skills. If nothing else, you will be appreciated for the knowledge and skills you would acquire through our courses and would be able to demonstrate after due completion.
We recommend that you should have completed your Higher Secondary / Class XII from a recognized Board / University. In the case of foreign nationals, you should have completed the equivalent of Higher Secondary in India in your respective country. You should also be comfortable with the English language and using a computer. However, we have no formal pre-qualification requirements because we are not a University or college. Anyone who wants to learn is welcome to join our courses.