Details of the Organization
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organisation, with offices in Addis Ababa, Beijing, London, Nairobi and New Delhi.
CIFF works with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of children in developing countries, with the ultimate goal of solving seemingly intractable challenges to ensure all children have the chance to survive and thrive.
Since the opening of CIFF’s office in Delhi in 2007, CIFF’s investments and partnerships in India continue to expand in number and scope. CIFF’s work in Rajasthan remains central to our India programme, where CIFF has had a sustained association with the State Government.
Details of the Job/Internship
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is opening a position of Legal and Compliance Intern at their Delhi office.
Main purpose of the role: To provide high-quality administrative, due diligence and research support to the Legal team, that enables the efficient and effective delivery of its philanthropic programmes.
The internship is for 6 months.
- A qualification in Indian law.
- Strong research skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong drafting skills in English.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office.
The following are desirable:
- Some previous experience of drafting basic contracts.
- Experience of working with an NGO or not-for-profit organisation.
- A demonstrable interest in improving children’s lives and climate change.
Alongside a competitive salary, CIFF offers a generous benefits package here at CIFF that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Annual leave - 25 days per annum (prorated)
- Training Allowance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
Law Students/Law Graduates can apply.
Role and Responsibilities
The CIFF Legal team supports the organisation in its grants-making activities and partnerships, as well as providing advice on a range of compliance, due diligence and regulatory matters (e.g. foreign funding laws). The team also advises on programme specific issues, ranging from its investment activities to intellectual property advice, as well as being responsible for the administration of the organisation, including risk reviews .
This is an exciting opportunity for a legal intern to join CIFF and gain valuable insight into the legal issues affecting a large, international philanthropic foundation. You will report to the Legal Counsel but will work with other members of the team as well, including the General Counsel. You will also be working closely with members of CIFF from across our sectors and international offices. In this role, the individual will also be supporting the external affairs team with risk assessment and due diligence.
You will learn essential skills from the Legal team, such as contract drafting, negotiation, due diligence and stakeholder management. Most importantly, you will be able to work on projects that support the development and protection of children as well as addressing climate change.
The internship has been designed to provide an opportunity for candidates to gain in-house experience in the not-for-profit sector. The role has been designed to be dynamic and encourage learning and it provides the candidate an opportunity to enhance their CV and gain experience which they can draw upon throughout their future legal career.
- Assisting with contract drafting and negotiations with CIFF’s grantee organisations in children’s development and climate change as well as related activities (monitoring and evaluation contracts, consultants).
- Preparing confidentiality agreements, amendment agreements, consultancy agreements and other ancillary documents in the context of grants and other services.
- Assisting with due diligence on CIFF’s proposed grantees.
- Assisting in the management process of proposed grants and other projects (e.g. pipeline reviews).
- Managing signing of documents and liaising with the project managers where necessary to finalise agreements.
- Carrying out legal research on a variety of matters relating to programme issues, legal and regulatory issues (including FCRA), programme governance issues, conflicts of interest, commercial contracts and consultancy contracts.
- Providing input to improve legal processes (e.g. contract management process).
Type of Opportunity
4th Floor, Caddie Commercial Tower, Novotel Pullman Hotel, AeroCity, Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, Delhi 110037
Dates to Remember
Please submit your application on or before 9th June 2023.
How to Register?
Click on the “Apply Now” tab on the right corner of this page and fill out the form.
Kindly register by 08-06-2023.